Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Rename calculated dimension in QS?

Hello All,

is it possible to rename a calculated expression of drill down group in qliksense??

Thanks .

Reena

15 Replies
elif-tutuk
Former Employee
Former Employee

Hi-

This request is on the roadmap with the improvements that we would like to do on the asset panel.

Thanks a lot!

Elif.

michaelsmith
Contributor III
Contributor III

This thread has been ongoing for quite some time now.  It seems like quite a basic addition to QS.  If indeed, as has been suggested, it is on the road map, any idea when this is due to be resolved? mtoetk

sarvesh
Creator III
Creator III

Hi Reena,

you need to change "Event Original Name" in the text below to what you have called your event field (the dimension name you use to create the graph). Then you can use an inline load to create a map if there are only a few field values you want to change.

Event Map:

LOAD * INLINE [

Event Original Name, Event New Name

Pre - Op (Arm 1 : Phase 1), PreOp

2 Week Post - Op (Arm 2 : Follow - Up), 2Week

];

or just create a table in excel like this:

Qlik.jpg

nd use this script at the end:

Event Map:

LOAD [Event Original Name], // RENAME THIS TO YOUR FIELD NAME. I assume this is called "Event Name"?

[Event New Name]

FROM

(ooxml, embedded labels, table is Sheet1);

This will create an associative join on the [Event Original Name] field and give you a [Event New Name] value every time there is a match in the field [Event Original Name].

Mark helpful and close this thread.

Regard's

Sarvesh Srivastava

michaelsmith
Contributor III
Contributor III

Sarvesh,

From my understanding, Reena isn't talking about Aliasing.  Instead, the query relates to changing the name of a drilldown within which she's used a complex expression to define the dimensions.

Thanks

Michael

mashuzza
Contributor
Contributor

Mike, 

In my case this does not help. I was working on the drill-down geoanalytics map, similar to the one in the video that you posted (https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_continue=36&v=gOgBablDHgY) and I was trying to change the =fl_county&','& state with 'County' to show on the bubble (see attached screenshot, it's 7:59 in the video). Is there a way of doing that?

Thank you!

Masha

shabaan33
Contributor III
Contributor III

Hello Michael,

Any Update on this issue related to drill down field renaming in Qlik Sense. I am using June 2019 version.

Thanks,

Shabaan