Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
rol_sepulveda
Contributor
Contributor

Replace data qlik sense

Good day,

I have a problem trying to update my data in Qlik sense 2. In previous version there was a option "Replace data", and now does not longer exist. Now only exist the option "Add data", so if I already have data in my report, it will be duplicate my info.

Please help.

Best regards.

12 Replies
Not applicable

Ralf, while your reply is addressed to Rolando, I tried your solution to my interpretation of the problem. And it worked quite well, so thank you for those script-based hints. But for the Qlik development team, I'll request that you put back the 'easy button' from v 1.1. As I understand your concept for Qlik Sense, vice Qlik View, the former is intended for the exploring analyst, while the latter is geared more toward developers who generate the aprior display for presentation. I have some software development experience, but much of it is 'back in my youth.' I now focus on the exploring of data, which means I'm not up to date with languages and syntax. Sure I can learn it for Qlik extensions and such, but that 'easy button' would make this often-needed update/replacement so much easier.

Thanks again for this community's support.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Ralf, I am a newbie.  Can you be more specific? If I need to add two news columns of data to my existing Qliksense data (data is in a discovery zone - not on my local computer). 

Ralf-Narfeldt
Employee
Employee

Kathy, my reply here was related to a feature in Qlik Sense 2.0, almost 18 months ago.

Can you please start a new thread, and describe a bit more about the data you already have in Qlik Sense, and where the data you want to add is?