Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Paul_Sun
Contributor
Contributor

Report times worked by staff

Hi

I want to create a sheet in Qlik Sense to show in 5 minute intervals (for the full 24 hours) times staff have worked and not worked. I have a csv file that logs times staff have performed a task in hours:minutes:seconds. The csv file also logs which person has performed the task and the date the task was performed on.

So in the app I would like to show all 5 minute time interval for the 24 hours and then show if a member of staff has performed or not performed a task in that time interval on that day (using a filter pane for staff and maybe date picker to select the date or date range). So each 5 minute time interval starting at midnight will show if they have or haven't performed a task that day in that time interval. It would also be good if more than one day could be displayed at once so if I have selected the last 7 days in the date picker it would show each day separately with all the 5 minute time intervals.

I have already tried to build the app but I'm struggling to get it to work how I need it to and I'm not sure I'm using the right options in Qlik Sense. 

Any suggestions on what I should use to build this in Qlik Sense and examples of code would be very much appreciated.

Kind Regards
Paul

Labels (1)
1 Reply
Paul_Sun
Contributor
Contributor
Author

HI

To expand on the post above I've tried to use a pivot table to show the times staff have worked and used the following, not sure if this is the best way to show the data though.

In the Data load editor
Time(Timestamp(floor("Time",5/(24*60)))) as [Time_5min]  - To split the times they have worked into 5 minute intervals.

Then in the pivot table I've used Time_5min as the Dimension

In the Column the Day field to show date of each day.

In the Measure I've used Count(Time_5min) to count the number of tasks the staff have done in each 5 minute time slot. And to highlight the fields in green when they have performed a task I've used the Background color expression If (Count(Time_5min)>=1, 'green')

I then have a filter pane to filter out which member of staff I want to see and a date picker to show days I want to see. This shows all the times they have performed a task for each in the 5 minute time slots but not times they haven't performed any tasks. 

Is it possible to always show every 5 minute time slot for 24 hours even if the member of staff hasn't performed a task, so I can see when they are not working as well as working?

Any help would be much appreciated.

Kind Regards
Paul