Qlik Community

New to Qlik Sense

If you’re new to Qlik Sense, start with this Discussion Board and get up-to-speed quickly.

Announcements
Read about the latest Qlik Community enhancements on the Community News blog!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
gsoni1991
Contributor II
Contributor II

Restrict Directory/Folder Access when Uploading File to Qlik after Creating a new App

Hello,

I have multiple users accessing the same Qlik Server. I have given a provision to Users to Create their own App and Upload a file which they want to Analyze. However, the user is able to see all the drives of that Server along with all the Folder Connectors. I want to restrict the visibility of the drives and folders. I want that the User should only be able to see and access the Folder assigned to them.

Example: I have created  a Folder named, "Files to Upload" in C Drive, the C Drive has multiple folders along with "Files to Upload", I want that when user "XYZ" logs into Qlik, Creates a new App and tried to upload a file via Shared Files, only "Files to Upload" folder should be visible and every other folder and directory should be hidden.

How can I achieve that?

Step 1Step 1

Step 3Step 3Step 2Step 2

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Levi_Turner
Employee
Employee

I would perform a QMC > Audit on the Data Connection(s) that the user(s) are seeing which are unexpected.

My personal guess is that these users have been assigned a role of RootAdmin, ContentAdmin and/or SecurityAdmin. By the default FolderDataConnection rule, users with any of these roles will see any folder data connection.

View solution in original post

4 Replies
Levi_Turner
Employee
Employee

I would perform a QMC > Audit on the Data Connection(s) that the user(s) are seeing which are unexpected.

My personal guess is that these users have been assigned a role of RootAdmin, ContentAdmin and/or SecurityAdmin. By the default FolderDataConnection rule, users with any of these roles will see any folder data connection.

View solution in original post

gsoni1991
Contributor II
Contributor II
Author

Hi,

Thanks for the reply. Can I modify this default FolderDataConnection rule?

The users will be Content/Root Admin, but I don't want them to see any other folder except the respective ones assigned to them, if I cannot modify the FolderDataConnection rule, is there any other way I can go with?

gsoni1991
Contributor II
Contributor II
Author

Hi,

Can I somehow hide the Computer option for file upload. By performing a Audit on the Data Connections I can manipulate the visibility of connections for the user, but still I will need to hide the Computer Option somehow to restrict User from accessing the Physical Memory drives of the Machine, Example - C Drive, D Drive etc

Levi_Turner
Employee
Employee

> Thanks for the reply. Can I modify this default FolderDataConnection rule?

> The users will be Content/Root Admin, but I don't want them to see any other folder except the respective ones assigned to them, if I cannot modify the FolderDataConnection rule, is there any other way I can go with?

Sure, you can modify the rule if you so desire. I'd recommend disabling the rule then recreating it with your desired adjustments.

> Can I somehow hide the Computer option for file upload. By performing a Audit on the Data Connections I can manipulate the visibility of connections for the user, but still I will need to hide the Computer Option somehow to restrict User from accessing the Physical Memory drives of the Machine, Example - C Drive, D Drive etc