Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Taps
Contributor II
Contributor II

Restrict Filter Pane selection to one (No Extension method)

Dear Friends,

In my organisation, due to some restrictions I am unable to add "Extension" like List Box, Tabs etc from gitHub. Therefore, I am forced to use only Filter Pane.

Now the problem is,

1 - How will I restrict Filter Pane to select one value at a time only, so that it will behave like a list box.

2 - After achieving above goal I need to pass the selected value to a table column.

Please help me. If there is any alternate way around I am happy to know that as well.

Thanks

Taps

Labels (2)
2 Solutions

Accepted Solutions
Taps
Contributor II
Contributor II
Author

You are awesome Javier!

It is working 🙂

Is there any idea how can I pass my selection to any table column? (for my further calculation)

Thanks a lot.

Taps

View solution in original post

Taps
Contributor II
Contributor II
Author

Hi Friends!

I have find out the solution for my 2nd query like this>>

I create a Measure with following expression, where "Checking_Parameters" is a heading of the Table. This is a stand alone table and not linked with anything. In this table with 3 rows which are used as items of the filter pane (selection properties made to 1 as directed by Javier) - Cost, FTE and Hours.

Measure::

if(Checking_Parameter='Cost',Sum([Number1]),if(Checking_Parameter='FTE',Sum([Number2]),if(CheckingParameter='Hours',Sum([Number3]))))

This is how I pass my selection value to the Table in the expression.

Thanks

Taps

View solution in original post

4 Replies
javiersassen
Partner - Contributor III
Partner - Contributor III

Hi Taps,

You can set your dimension to always have one value selected. Take a look at the attached screenshots.

Taps
Contributor II
Contributor II
Author

You are awesome Javier!

It is working 🙂

Is there any idea how can I pass my selection to any table column? (for my further calculation)

Thanks a lot.

Taps

Taps
Contributor II
Contributor II
Author

Hi Friends!

I have find out the solution for my 2nd query like this>>

I create a Measure with following expression, where "Checking_Parameters" is a heading of the Table. This is a stand alone table and not linked with anything. In this table with 3 rows which are used as items of the filter pane (selection properties made to 1 as directed by Javier) - Cost, FTE and Hours.

Measure::

if(Checking_Parameter='Cost',Sum([Number1]),if(Checking_Parameter='FTE',Sum([Number2]),if(CheckingParameter='Hours',Sum([Number3]))))

This is how I pass my selection value to the Table in the expression.

Thanks

Taps

vvvvvvvvvv
Creator
Creator

you can configure it in Filed in the left panel

Click Setting in the corresponding field and force it must have one value