Skip to main content
Announcements
Live today at 11 AM ET. Get your questions about Qlik Connect answered, or just listen in. SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
rohitk1609
Master
Master

Restrict enable-non-published-sharing for non admin

Dear techies,

I was reading an article which says we can share the unpublished apps between two users by following solution https://community.qlik.com/t5/Qlik-Sense-App-Development/QMC-security-rule-access-my-own-work-to-col...

but I have a confusion if I enable enable-non-published-sharing into servicedispatcher.config file then which kinds of user can share unpublished content , only root admin ? or we need to write the security rule to share unpublished apps between developers or admins only ?

Thanks,

Rohit

Labels (1)
3 Replies
ChiragPradhan
Creator II
Creator II

Instead of a system wide change like the one in your link and redoing it at every upgrade, I would rather handle this via a security rule like the below. 

If required, an additional condition could be added to specify App name.

Sec_Rule.png

Regards,

Chirag

rohitk1609
Master
Master
Author

Hi Chirag,

I have created the rule as you suggested but my non-admin user can't see the apps which is not owned by him, I made him root admin too but still he can see only apps which is owned by him.

1.PNG

My objective is to make all root admin to see all unpublished apps no matter anyone of root admin is owned that apps or not.

Thanks,

Rohit

didierodayo
Partner - Creator III
Partner - Creator III

Hi Rohit,

did you mange to get your requirement working? could you share your approach.

Thanks