Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Restrict publish rights to "Everyone" Stream but allow users to copy sheets/apps from that stream to their designated stream

Hello,

I want to be able to have my users see the apps in the "Everyone" stream, but I only want to give publish rights to that stream to a small number of users. It could get potentially unwieldy if every user with read rights also has publish rights to "Everyone", as such I want to minimize publish access to this stream, but give users the ability to copy sheets or apps from this stream and place in their own stream. So for example:

An HR user has read/publish rights to the "HR" stream

A Sales user has read/publish rights to the "Sales" stream

Both users have read rights to the apps on the "Everyone" stream and have an interest in tweaking some of the apps/sheets there to their specific team's purposes. However, I do not want them to have publish rights to the "Everyone" stream. Instead I want them to be able make copies of the apps or sheets on an app, make the desired changes and publish to their respective team's streams, "HR" or "Sales".

When I try to create a rule to only have read access on "Everyone", I am able to duplicate the app as the end user, but not able to transfer my duplicate to the relevant stream where I have access to publish. Is there a way to do this?

Thanks

5 Replies
arasantorule
Creator III
Creator III

Not applicable
Author

Hi arasantorule,

Thanks for the reply! I've read that portion of the help documentation, and perhaps I missed something there, so if you have an example that I can reference, it might clear things up for me in terms of what to do. I've previously implemented Stream level access for my users, but I want them to be able to move sheets across streams they have access to, so they may be able to leverage the info more fully.

Right now users can create a new sheet within one stream, but it doesn't look like they can transfer that sheet to another stream to which they have access. Also I want them to be able to load data from excel in their "My Work" stream, design the sheet their to their specifications, then be able to import that sheet to an app on another stream so that they can leverage data on that new stream with the sheet they designed. Apologies if this is too verbose an explanation.

Olip
Creator
Creator

Hello Uzo - Were you able to arrive at a solution approach on this?

We have a similar requirement and I am looking for options to restrict the App size restriction to publish App on Everyone Stream.

Thanks,

A

- Eager to learn n grow,

Olip
Not applicable
Author

Hi Alip and apologies for the late reply. No I've not found a solution to this as yet, but I will send this perhaps as an enhancement request to the folks at Qlik and see what I can find. Anything helpful and I'll post it back here.

~Uzo

Olip
Creator
Creator

Sure thanks Uzo!

- Eager to learn n grow,

Olip