Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
mikecherry
Contributor III
Contributor III

Return a specific Break Even Date from Table

Hi guys,

I am trying to calculate break even in a chart and I want to return just the first value when my Column A > Column B.

if(if(Rangesum(above($(vRDERDist),0,rowno()))>Rangesum(above($(vRDERCost),0,rowno())),1,0)=1,Date(min(Data_PeriodEnd)),null())

This is the expression I have in the chart at the moment that gives me every date if Column A > Column B.

How do I change the formula if I want to return the first data where Column A > Column B ?

Capture Break.PNG

Labels (3)
10 Replies
sunny_talwar

May be something like this

If(

If(RangeSum(Above($(vRDERDist), 0, RowNo())) > RangeSum(Above($(vRDERCost), 0, RowNo())), 1, 0) = 1

and

Above(If(RangeSum(Above($(vRDERDist), 0, RowNo())) > RangeSum(Above($(vRDERCost), 0, RowNo())), 1, 0)) = 0

, Date(Min(Data_PeriodEnd)), Null())

This might not be the best way to do it, but without seeing a app to test with, this is the best I can think of.

mikecherry
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

Thanks for your help.

It works in the chart but what if I want to show that single Date in a chart like the one below with the companies.

Do I have to use aggregation around every rangesum ?

Asset NameDate Break Even
Company 1 
Company 2 
Company 3 
Company 4 

If(

If(RangeSum(Above($(vRDERDist), 0, RowNo())) > RangeSum(Above($(vRDERCost), 0, RowNo())), 1, 0) = 1

and

Above(If(RangeSum(Above($(vRDERDist), 0, RowNo())) > RangeSum(Above($(vRDERCost), 0, RowNo())), 1, 0)) = 0

Thanks

Michele

sunny_talwar

@mikecherry wrote:

It works in the chart but what if I want to show that single Date in a chart like the one below with the companies.

It works in the chart, but it doesn't work in the chart? What do you mean? Why does it work and why does it not work?

mikecherry
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

If I copy the same expression into a chart showing Companies (like in my prior post) rather than dates it won't work anymore as I guess I have to use aggregation formulas around my expressions.

sunny_talwar

Try this

Aggr(
If(

and

, Company, Data_PeriodEnd)
mikecherry
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

Looks like is working. I'll do a little bit of testing and let you know.

Thanks a lot

sunny_talwar

Sounds good 🙂

erikbalunis
Contributor
Contributor

Quick question on the previous solution re: breakeven date calculation.

How can I apply a similar approach if my variable is a calculated?

Ex: If need formulas to derive the equivalents of "vRDERDist" and "vRDERCost", do I add the smaller formula into the longer string that you shared?

erikbalunis
Contributor
Contributor

I created variables and successfully inserted them into the break even formula.

Unfortunately, the formula is returning the dates when values "broke-even" and became negative, as opposed to the dates that they "broke even" in the process of turning from negative to positive.

How can I address that in the formula?