Qlik Community

New to Qlik Sense

Discussion board where members can get started with Qlik Sense.

simonbowers
New Contributor III

Rolling 3 Month calculation

I new to Qlik Sense and Coding.  I figured out the basis but I'm stuck on a rolling 3 month calculation.

I want to show on a line graph with Month as the dimension the average experience based on rolling 3 month period split by area.

The month dimension has been created with a master calendar

The various threads I've read keeping taking me back to functionality to do this in Qlik View, which I do not have access to. 

I can't share the raw data due to confidentiality. In my data is a column for the experience score, the date of experience and area of experience.

Looking through various threads I thought an As of Month calendar would help but none of the threads I reviewed so far explain how to create these in terms as a complete beginner I understand.

Can anyone help?

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
simonbowers
New Contributor III

Re: Rolling 3 Month calculation

This worked:

Num(Rangesum(Above(sum({<Area={'Activity1'}>}Experience),0,3))

/

Rangesum(Above(Count({<Area={'Activity1'}>}Experience),0,3)))

Not sure why can't use an Avg but it works so I'm happy. Thank you to the people who replied.

5 Replies
paola_valenti
New Contributor III

Try to create your line graph with:

DIMENSION: MONTH, AREA

MEASURE:

=sum({<DATE={">=$(=MonthStart(AddMonths(today(),-2))) <=$(=MonthEnd(today()))"}>}VALUE)

I hope I correctly understand your question.

narband2778
New Contributor III

Hi,

Try this

LET vLast3FullMonths = 'MonthYear=,CalDate={">=' & num(floor(monthstart(today(),-3)))& '<= ' & num(floor(monthend(today(),-1)))& '"}';

Thanks,

Naresh

balabhaskarqlik
Honored Contributor

At least can you post, what are expressions you are using in chart?

Then, it's possible to give better idea on it.

simonbowers
New Contributor III

Thank you for the suggestions so far.

Bala Bhaskar - thank you for your reply. I'm seeking to learn what expression I should be using in the chart.

It's a combo chart that I'm using.

For test purposes I have worked out what the values should be using excel but I've been unable to match these on Qlik Sense.

I know if plotting month on month the expression is Avg({<Area={'Activity1'}>}Experience), this is then done for each area with the Activity referenced.

For my Master Calendar I used the guide produced by Joss Good.

simonbowers
New Contributor III

This worked:

Num(Rangesum(Above(sum({<Area={'Activity1'}>}Experience),0,3))

/

Rangesum(Above(Count({<Area={'Activity1'}>}Experience),0,3)))

Not sure why can't use an Avg but it works so I'm happy. Thank you to the people who replied.

Community Browser