Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
martin_hamilton
Creator
Creator

Rolling 4 quarters based on todays date

Hi 

Am looking to create a table which has summed values outlining each of the last 4 quarters based on the current date.

In my script I have a Quarter field generated using the following:

Dual('Q' & Ceil(Month([SUBS_INVOICES_INVOICE_DATE])/3) & '-' & Year([SUBS_INVOICES_INVOICE_DATE]), QuarterStart([SUBS_INVOICES_INVOICE_DATE])) as SUBS_INVOICE_QUARTER

I wish to have a rolling table which has the following expression, I can get it working fine but it is hardcoded as you can see; it uses a variable of CQTR= Q1-2019. I need a set of variables which follows the same format as the below:

=Dual('Q' & Ceil(Month(Today())/3) & '-' & Year(Today()), QuarterStart(Today()))

The differing variables WILL ALSO GIVE ME THE QUARTER BEFORE AND BEFORE THAT AND BEFORE THAT. I envisage differing variables for each will drop into the following expression in the table.

=Sum( {$<[SUBS_INVOICE_QUARTER] = {'$(CQTR)'}>}SUBS_INVOICES_INVOICE_AMOUNT )

Any advice appreciated.

Thanks

Martin

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
sunny_talwar

May be this

=Dual('Q' & Ceil(Month(MonthStart(Today(), -3))/3) & '-' & Year(MonthStart(Today(), -3)), QuarterStart(MonthStart(Today(), -3)))
=Dual('Q' & Ceil(Month(MonthStart(Today(), -6))/3) & '-' & Year(MonthStart(Today(), -6)), QuarterStart(MonthStart(Today(), -6)))

and so on...

View solution in original post

4 Replies
sunny_talwar

I suggest keeping a separate field for set analysis to make your life easier when using set analysis. Try this

Dual('Q' & Ceil(Month([SUBS_INVOICES_INVOICE_DATE])/3) & '-' & Year([SUBS_INVOICES_INVOICE_DATE]), QuarterStart([SUBS_INVOICES_INVOICE_DATE])) as SUBS_INVOICE_QUARTER,
QuarterStart([SUBS_INVOICES_INVOICE_DATE]) as SUBS_INVOICE_QUARTER_START

and then this

=Sum({$<[SUBS_INVOICE_QUARTER] = {">=$(=QuarterStart(Today(), -3))<=$(=QuarterStart(Today()))"}>} SUBS_INVOICES_INVOICE_AMOUNT)
martin_hamilton
Creator
Creator
Author

Hi Sunny - this solution is great for summing the last 4 quarters but do you have a solution for creating a variable for each of the last 4 quarters individually e.g.

=Dual('Q' & Ceil(Month(Today())/3) & '-' & Year(Today()), QuarterStart(Today())) - this would be for todays date which returns a Q4-2019

Based on todays date I would also like 3 other variables to depict Q4-2018, Q3-2018,Q2-2018.

Thanks

Martin

sunny_talwar

May be this

=Dual('Q' & Ceil(Month(MonthStart(Today(), -3))/3) & '-' & Year(MonthStart(Today(), -3)), QuarterStart(MonthStart(Today(), -3)))
=Dual('Q' & Ceil(Month(MonthStart(Today(), -6))/3) & '-' & Year(MonthStart(Today(), -6)), QuarterStart(MonthStart(Today(), -6)))

and so on...

martin_hamilton
Creator
Creator
Author

Excellent - thank you very much Sunny