Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
odassier
Creator II
Creator II

Rolling Cumulative 5-Day return

Hi all,

I'm struggling with a cumulative return expression for my dashboard.

I've tried a few variants below:

1) RangeSum(Above(Sum(MS.WW4),0,Rowno()),0,5)

2) RangeSum(Above(Sum({<[Date]={'$(=max(Date))'},{<[Date]={'$(=max(Date)-5)'}>}[MS.WW4],0,Rowno()))

3) RangeSum(Above(Sum(MS.WW4),0,5))

4) Rangesum(Above(sum({<Date={'$(=max(Date))'}>}MS.WW4),0,5)

None seem to give me the right answer (or any answer at all).  I am attaching the .qvf app here.  I need an expression for both the table and a KPI.  To complicate things, I've got some filters so there are if statements in there too (see table).

My goal is to use 5-Day cumulative returns from whatever data is selected by the user.  The data is daily since Jan 2015 so I need them to be able to go back in time and see if this indicator was predictive.

Thank you for your help.

Olivier

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
OmarBenSalem

Use the Date field not the autocalendar.Date

as a measure: aggr(rangesum(Below( Sum({<Date>}MS.WW4),0,5)),(Date,(numeric,desc)))

Result:

Capture.PNG

Thanks to the aggr part, even if u alter the sorting order of ur dates, Qlik will always know how to calculate the rolling 5 days sum:

Capture.PNG

And thanks to the {<Date>} part, when u select a date, Qlik will return its rolling sum:

Capture.PNG

View solution in original post

4 Replies
OmarBenSalem

Use the Date field not the autocalendar.Date

as a measure: aggr(rangesum(Below( Sum({<Date>}MS.WW4),0,5)),(Date,(numeric,desc)))

Result:

Capture.PNG

Thanks to the aggr part, even if u alter the sorting order of ur dates, Qlik will always know how to calculate the rolling 5 days sum:

Capture.PNG

And thanks to the {<Date>} part, when u select a date, Qlik will return its rolling sum:

Capture.PNG

odassier
Creator II
Creator II
Author

Hi Omar,

This is perfect, thank you so much.  I must remember this one for the future.  I deal with investment risk and returns so I'm always in need of cumulative values.

Cheers,

Olivier

OmarBenSalem

U're welcome 🙂
Omar BEN SALEM.
odassier
Creator II
Creator II
Author

Hi Omar,
A quick follow-up. Now the users want to be able to calculate cumulative return based on their choice of start and end dates (i.e. via a date filter).
Using the standard rangesum expression below I don't get the same results as the cumulative sum I calculate in excel.
RangeSum(Above(Sum([FTSE Dev_RT-RA Return]),0,Rowno(Total)))

Do you know how to modify this expression to get the cumulative return to match what you get in excel? This is just a cumulative return so it should not require complicated set analysis expressions right?

Cheers,

Olivier