cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
JonathanKelly
Contributor III
Contributor III

Rotate Table to shift columns to rows

Is there a way to rotate a table on Qlik sense? When you add data it provides it in columns, I am able to present my dimension followed by different measures but this all appears vertically.

Am I able to translate the table so that the  dimension appears on the top row and I can list my measures it the following rows?

I've tried with pivot tables which give me the desired layout but I'm limited to 1 measure as to not overcrowd the table with information, rather than being able to list measure by measure against a Job. 

Labels (4)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
vinieme12
Champion III
Champion III

Just use a pivot chart

1) Add Measures

= sum(ACCEPTED)

= sum(RECEIVED)

2) Under Column Add Dimension = Company

3) Drag Values from Column to Row  , this is the part I think you missed

press and hold with the cursor on the circled part to drag and move the item, from Column to Rows section

qlikCommunity1.PNG

qlikCommunity1.PNG

Vineeth Pujari
If a post helps to resolve your issue, please accept it as a Solution.

View solution in original post

4 Replies
vinieme12
Champion III
Champion III

Please post some sample data and a snapshot / mockup of the expected output

Vineeth Pujari
edwin
Master II
Master II

as mentioned above, you may want to add in sample data and sample outcome you want so it is easier for someone to help you and the solution more tailored to what you need. 

the straight table was designed to present the measures as separate columns, if you want the results in just one column - it can be done but more like a hack as you will include all your different calculations in one measure column.  one possible solution is:

assume you have a single dim and you want to show sum, avg, and count under one column:

Screen Shot 2022-05-06 at 3.43.31 PM.png

 2nd dimension for your metrics:
=ValueList('SUM','AVG','COUNT')

your measure:
=pick(match(ValueList('SUM','AVG','COUNT'),'SUM','AVG','COUNT'),sum(value), Avg(value), count(dim))

you can then tweak this to your specific requirement

hope that helps

JonathanKelly
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

I've attached an excel spreadsheet with some data in it, all I am after is the below 

JonathanKelly_0-1652084035841.png

Qlik organises everything into columns is there a way to transpose and put it in rows instead? 

vinieme12
Champion III
Champion III

Just use a pivot chart

1) Add Measures

= sum(ACCEPTED)

= sum(RECEIVED)

2) Under Column Add Dimension = Company

3) Drag Values from Column to Row  , this is the part I think you missed

press and hold with the cursor on the circled part to drag and move the item, from Column to Rows section

qlikCommunity1.PNG

qlikCommunity1.PNG

Vineeth Pujari