Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Vitali
Contributor III
Contributor III

Running Total with filters. Newbie Question.

Hey there everyone,

first post ever. I'm an advanced Power BI user that has recently migrated to Qlik Sense - I love it but I'm still struggling with some bits and pieces.

Now, here's my case: I have a running total as a measure for a line chart. The full ranges of dates is for about 3 years - two years in the past and 1 in the future. Now, without zooming, the results seem fine. However, if I filter to a period of week or two, the calculation reflects that shorter period so I receive an incorrect amount. I'd like be able to look at any time window while keeping all the cumulative change until the starting point.

I suspect I may need to use a master calendar to get what I'm aiming for, currently I'm only using the source table date column.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks in advance!

4 Replies
OmarBenSalem

Can u please share a screen shot of what u have without zooming and what happens when u zoom?

I'd like to build an image of wht u aim to do before answering; to see if it's really a cumulative sum that u're doing, a sum etc

Thanks

Vitali
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

Hi Omar, 

I think my initial description of the issue is slightly misleading - the problem is not when I zoom but rather, when I filter to a shorter period. 

Perhaps its a whole different approach that I should employ, a set analysis for example.. I don't know for sure.

OmarBenSalem

zoom in my sentence meant filter ..

Still can't help u without understanding ur situation.

Vitali
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

Posted the question again, with much more details: https://community.qlik.com/t5/New-to-Qlik-Sense/Running-Total-with-all-periods/m-p/1569783#M132858

I'll delete this post later on today.