Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
stephenhasson
Creator
Creator

Running reports in Qlik Sense

Hi,

I'm evaluating Qlik Sense for use is my company and it looks good, for analytics etc. However, am I making a mistake to think this can also be used for 'basic reports'.

If I pull in data from an external database, I can see how to add fields into a sheet, but not so that they 'stay together', e.g part + description + costs, I'd like to see together, not in different independant (though related) objects, so that a report could be printed / exported of this info. This will allow Qlik to be used to get at legacy data from a system being retired. Or am I looking at the wrong product for this?

Thanks.

4 Replies
OmarBenSalem

You can add these fields as dimension in table? Then right click to export?

like this?

Capture.PNG

ogster1974
Partner - Master II
Partner - Master II

You can do as Omar suggests for ad hoc reporting needs.  For more formal reporting then look at NPrinting along side Qlik Sense to provide the scheduled/distributed ones.  Note in that case having a seperate NPrinting dedicated Sense App with the data presented directly for reporting is the prefered method of implementation.

You can also store snapshots of your data in the Sense app itself in the form of Data stories if that is a sufficent solution.

Regards

Andy

stephenhasson
Creator
Creator
Author

Thank you for your reply, I will take another look.

stephenhasson
Creator
Creator
Author

Thank you for your reply, I will take a look at this.