Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
madhuparnadhar
Contributor III
Contributor III

SHA256 in Qlik Sense

Hi All,

I need to hash some data in Qlik Sense and I have to use hashing mechanism SHA256.

Can anyone please guide me on how to achieve this in Qlik Sense ?

Thanks and Regards,

Madhuparna Dhar

5 Replies
tresesco
MVP
MVP

madhuparnadhar
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

Hi @tresesco,

I have tried with both hash256() and autonumberhash256() but it is not working. What I have read from the community is that, hash256() is a different hashing mechanism than SHA256. But I have to use SHA256 and not any other hash function.

Could you help in figuring out if it is possible to implement SHA256 in Qlik Sense ?

Thanks and Regards,

Madhuparna Dhar

Anil_Babu_Samineni

How did you read the Hash() not working for you? There is no default algorithm AON for that. But, You can simplify using the Macro function to achieve that - I am not scripting person who can divide or change into Bytes. Because it won't change Hex byte string to MIME protect key. 

I hope some others can help you.

Best Anil, When applicable please mark the correct/appropriate replies as "solution" (you can mark up to 3 "solutions". Please LIKE threads if the provided solution is helpful
tresesco
MVP
MVP

Hi Madhuparna,

Qlik doesn't have any function for that in-built. That means, natively you would probably not be able to do that. You could use a vb code/jscript for the same or may be use an extension object for the same; anyway you have to use a similar coding to get the hashing done. 

madhuparnadhar
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

Hi @tresesco ,

Any idea on how to write the code to achieve this? I couldn't find any extension object for this, so I am a bit lost at this point.

Thanks and Regards,

Madhuparna Dhar