Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Billpete002
Contributor II
Contributor II

STORE QVD not working

Hi All,

I have am trying to save a query as a QVD with the following logic:

LIB CONNECT TO 'MyServer';

SQL

SELECT

stuff

FROM MyServer.USERS;

STORE USERS INTO [Lib://MyFolder/USERS.QVD] (qvd);

DROP TABLE USERS;

The error I get is "The following error occurred: Cannot open file: 'lib://MyFolder/USERS.QVD'

The error occurred here: STORE USERS INTO [Lib://MyFolder/USERS.QVD] (qvd); "

In data connections I have MyFolder (and I even added this to the QMC to remove my name from the library connection). And the folder exists as when testing it by putting a empty text file there, for example, I can see the file in QlikSense...

I am at a complete loss as to why this needs to be so complicated to write/access files.... Any help is appreciated!

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
JordyWegman
Partner - Master
Partner - Master

Hi Bill,

Yes, exactly. You don't have the right to make any changes to that folder. Contact your IT department/admin to give you the rights for this.

Good thing about this, your code is doing fine. When the access is arranged, you can implement this!

Jordy

Climber

Work smarter, not harder

View solution in original post

6 Replies
JordyWegman
Partner - Master
Partner - Master

Hi Bill,

Try to put a file in this location (test QVD or xlsx) and try open this. This will then generate the file path for you. Use this filepath in your store command. 

If this doesn't work, try so see if you have writing problems (access), but you should notice this while working in this folder.

Jordy

Climber

Work smarter, not harder
vikasmahajan

Please ensure you have created lib folder  MyFolder    if  it is not there this error may come.  You can create using new connection.

Vikas

Hope this resolve your issue.
If the issue is solved please mark the answer with Accept as Solution & like it.
If you want to go quickly, go alone. If you want to go far, go together.
Billpete002
Contributor II
Contributor II
Author

Yeah I created the folder and can see files from QS

I made a dummy txt file and could see it while in QS but I can't store any files to it using the above logic.

Billpete002
Contributor II
Contributor II
Author

I created a test excel file and it came up with the same error - so it must be some sort of access restriction ??

JordyWegman
Partner - Master
Partner - Master

Hi Bill,

Yes, exactly. You don't have the right to make any changes to that folder. Contact your IT department/admin to give you the rights for this.

Good thing about this, your code is doing fine. When the access is arranged, you can implement this!

Jordy

Climber

Work smarter, not harder
vikasmahajan

try this

LIB CONNECT TO 'MyServer';

USERS:

Load * ;

SQL

SELECT

stuff

FROM MyServer.USERS;

STORE USERS INTO [Lib://MyFolder/USERS.QVD] (qvd);

DROP TABLE USERS;

Hope this resolve your issue.
If the issue is solved please mark the answer with Accept as Solution & like it.
If you want to go quickly, go alone. If you want to go far, go together.