Skip to main content
Announcements
Live today at 11 AM ET. Get your questions about Qlik Connect answered, or just listen in. SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
berryandcherry6
Creator II
Creator II

SUM data in Load script and keep in FactTable

Hi,

i need to get sum of data in join table and keep it in Fact table, for that i have used below code

SIGNUPACTIVITYLOG:

LOAD  `invitation_id`,

`user_id`,

`client_id`,

`batch_meta_data_id`,

`referrer_email_type_id`,

date_accessed,

`user_signed`;

SQL SELECT

`invitation_id`,

`client_id`,

`user_id`,

`batch_meta_data_id`,

`user_signed`,

date_accessed

FROM MyDB.SIGNUPACTIVITYLOG;

left join (SIGNUPACTIVITYLOG)

LOAD

`invitation_id`,

`lender_offer_id`,

`final_test_status`;

SQL SELECT

`user_id`, 

`batch_meta_data_id`,

`invitation_id`,

`lender_offer_id`,

`final_test_status`

FROM MyDB.COURSECOMPLETION;

Final:

LOAD  `invitation_id`,

`user_id`,

`client_id`,

`batch_meta_data_id`,

`user_signed`,

`lender_offer_id`,

`final_test_status`,

date_accessed,

Count(date_accessed) as LandingCount

Resident SIGNUPACTIVITYLOG Group by client_id,batch_meta_data_id,referrer_email_type_id, invitation_id,user_id,final_test_status,user_signed,lender_offer_id, date_accessed;

drop Table SIGNUPACTIVITYLOG; 

So in final table i have count of date_accessed for particular referrer_email_type_id with respective to client . Now, if i put straight table using dimension like  client_id,  batch_meta_data_id , referrer_email_type_id and  LandingCount (put as dimension). Here i am not getting total count for each referrer_email_type_id  with respect to client_id,  batch_meta_data_id. What i am doing wrong.

let me know if you need more info on this? PLease help me on this

4 Replies
saurabhwadhwa
Partner - Contributor III
Partner - Contributor III

Hi Supriya ,

Why r you putting LandingCount as dimension ? If you put it as dimension it will behave as a dimension and it won't sum up .

Please share the expected output and current output which you are getting,that would be helpful to achieve the expected O/p.

BR,

Saurabh

thakkarrahul01
Creator
Creator

Hi,

Please use Sum(LandingCount) as a measure. If you are trying to validate loaded data, please use Table box.

Regards,

Rahul Thakkar

berryandcherry6
Creator II
Creator II
Author

Hi all,

Yes, you are right. But i want to prepare a Final Table in script itself, which contains sum i.e Count(date_accessed) as LandingCount.

LandingCount sum has to be grouped by client_id,batch_meta_data_id,referrer_email_type_id .

Please let me know what i am missing or not right in query.

OmarBenSalem

to have your landingCount working properly in your charts (table), you have to use it as a measure as :

SUM (LandingCount)

Qlik won't treat a measure as a measure without using an aggregation function even if it has been calculated in the script