Contributor III
Contributor III

SUM function gives a wrong higher value

Hello,

I have following fields:

Article No, Branch no, Quantity, cost price

I want to calculate the total value so

SUM(Quantity * cost price) in a KPi

but when I calculate the same line by line and then the total in Excel I can see that the value calculated with the function SUM is much higher and wrong.

I'm a beginner and I have no ieda 

Labels (1)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
PrashantSangle

Sum(aggr(your_expression,chart_dim1,chart_dim2))

Great dreamer's dreams never fulfilled, they are always transcended.
Please appreciate our Qlik community members by giving Kudos for sharing their time for your query. If your query is answered, please mark the topic as resolved 🙂

View solution in original post

7 Replies
Or
MVP
MVP

I'd suggest including some sample data, but generally speaking, something like this suggests duplication of the data either at the source or through incorrect joins. You should be able to check this by applying e.g. count(Quantity) and see if that matches the expected number of lines.

PrashantSangle

Sum(aggr(your_expression,chart_dim1,chart_dim2))

Please appreciate our Qlik community members by giving Kudos for sharing their time for your query. If your query is answered, please mark the topic as resolved 🙂
fbi
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

Here is a simplified data and as you can see the total value in the Kpi is the double of the correct one that you can get summing the values in the table

Please note: in the Sum function FISALD = Quantity and Kostpris = Cost price

fbi_1-1660657732792.png

PrashantSangle

sum(aggr(Sum(FISALD*Kostpris),Article_No,Branch_No))

Try this

fbi
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

Thanks PrashantSangle your solution worked perfectly!

Or
MVP
MVP

If this value is exactly double what it should be, the issue is almost certain to be a duplication of some sort. However, I can't tell you what it is based on the image you've shared. As I mentioned above, you should perhaps count the different fields individually and see if anything is showing up with more than three values in this scenario. If one of these values is from a different table from the others, that would be the first thing I'd check, as duplication is often a result of incorrect keys/joins.

PrashantSangle

@fbi  , if it works for you then also click on like of that solution