Skip to main content
Announcements
Live today at 11 AM ET. Get your questions about Qlik Connect answered, or just listen in. SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Sage 50 ODBC

Hello,

Has anyone managed to successfully link Sage 50 Account V23 into Qlik Sense via an ODBC connection? We have managed to get access to the driver however when we try to login using our Sage admin credentials but it says we do not have access to the data? Any help would be greatly appreciated!!

Also if anyone has had any success linking to Sage Payroll that would be a great help also!

Thanks,

8 Replies
Not applicable
Author

Nicholas, have you had success here?

Not applicable
Author

Hi Denis,

We have sorted the Sage 50 connection, haven't yet got a work around for Sage 50 Payroll, we were thinking of just using our backup files.

Many Thanks,

Not applicable
Author

Nicholas,

Thank you for the reply.

Are you using anything other than a standard ODBC connection for connecting to Sage 50?

Denis

Not applicable
Author

Not for Sage 50 accounts.

However I have read Sage 50 Payroll does not let you connect via ODBC.

Thanks,

Nick

stuwannop
Partner - Creator III
Partner - Creator III

HI Nicholas - I am just about to attempt to access Sage 50 (v14) account via ODBC. From what I understand Sage 50 needs to be installed on the same instance as Qlik Enterprise so the ODBC connector can be used.

Is that how you set up your connection or is there another method?

I'm not sure about the Payroll side but I will be looking at it soon once I've done the accounts side.

Thanks

Stuart

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Hi Stuart,

I have been in contact with Sage regarding ODBC to the payroll product and it simply does not exist.

I would guess that it's to do with approval of their software from the relevant tax regime.

Reagrds,

Dog

Not applicable
Author

Hi Stuart.

Yes that how we created the original connection, then that's how we fixed the above problem, however in the past few weeks we've had another issue as we had to change the password on the SAGE account we were using to make the connection, since this we have been unable to fix the connection and our support haven't had much luck either. It's a right pain to be honest, we have the most up to date version of sage on our Qlik server, but this new password seems to be creating a massive issue.

angelinapbc
Contributor
Contributor

How did you get the base connection to work?