Skip to main content
Announcements
Live today at 11 AM ET. Get your questions about Qlik Connect answered, or just listen in. SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Test101
Contributor III
Contributor III

Sales growth based on filtered year or month

Hello everyone,

I have been using the formula Sum([Sales])/Above(Sum([Sales)-1 to plot sales growth on a year-month x axis line chart. Now I want to introduce a KPI box which shows the growth rate of sales of the filtered month (compared to the previous month). can you help me on how to do that ?

Test101_0-1589822142480.png

Here based on the filter of year/month the sales Growth should show instead of a -.

Edit1:

I am willing to change the year+month filter to year.month single filter if what I am sking is not possble in Qlik.

Thanks

Labels (2)
7 Replies
lironbaram
Partner - Master III
Partner - Master III

hi 

do you want to calculate the sales growth for the entire period vs previous period ?

or the last month in the period ?

Vegar
MVP
MVP

I see that you have the fields Year and Month but do you have any field that implies which YearMonth the transaction is? 

Test101
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

Hi Lironbaram

If possible would love it if you can show both the methods as I am currently not sure what would be best for my dashboard.

Test101
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

Hi Vegar,

Yes the filters I have kept are one year and one month. Although I do have a year.month column in my auto calendar.

Test101
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

Hi Lironbarom,

Further clarification. So if I select year = 2020 and month = january then the comparison should be between it and 2019, January. If I select year 2019 and month April+May then the growth should be compared to 2018, April+May.

Hope this clarifies the confusion.

Vegar
MVP
MVP

@Test101  I read your conversation with @lironbaram  and do no longer think you will need your yearmonth field.  Try this expression: sum({< Year={'$(=max(Year))'}>} Sales)/sum({< Year={'$(=max(Year)-1)'}>} Sales)

Vegar_0-1589918538902.png

See attached qvf

Dolly123
Creator II
Creator II

Qlikhub_1-1646976991882.png

there is not vaue here ?