Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
bbergstrom
Partner - Creator II
Partner - Creator II

Save App with No Data

In a previous version of Qlik Sense Hub (April 2018) we had the ability to save an app with no data by opening it with no data, renaming it and then clicking the Save button.  This allowed us to save space in our Dev environment.  With the latest version however this functionality appears to have been removed as the Save button does not exist.

Why was this removed?  Also, is there any way to save an app without data short of exporting it, deleting the original and importing the no data copy? 

Labels (2)
3 Replies
Michael_Tarallo
Employee
Employee

Hi Bbergstrom - thanks for your question.

Saving an app using the save button (as far as I can recall) was only a feature in Qlik Sense Desktop - with our cloud-based and on-premise web versions - it is always saving. Can you clarify what version / edition of Qlik Sense you are using? Is it our new Qlik Sense Business or something else?

Once I know what edition you are using I can better assist you.

Regards,

Mike T
Qlik

Regards,
Mike Tarallo
Qlik
bbergstrom
Partner - Creator II
Partner - Creator II
Author

Using November 2019 now.  In the old version the Data Load Editor screen had a Save button (image attached).

After some playing around I found it still works without the save but it appears renaming the app didn't work.  I had to add a space to the loads script and then remove it.  It then saved without data on close.

Michael_Tarallo
Employee
Employee

Ah the Data Load Editor - yes you are correct that is no longer there and not needed so I guess that is why they removed it. I think what was happening was people were opening multiple Data Load editor windows on the same app - and then their changes were being lost because of clicking save on a duplicate window - or something like that.

In regards to what you did - I see - I'm assuming the app needs to recognize a small change to initiate the auto-save. So duplicating the app - renaming it and then editing the data load editor to remove the script and load again to clear the data is the only way I see this working. I think even if you "export without data" - the load script is still there. I will make a request to the PM team to see if there is a more efficient way to do this. Let me know if you need anything else.

Regards,
Mike Tarallo
Qlik