cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
qvqfqlik
Creator
Creator

Save selections

How can we allow a user to save the selections they made in the report ?

Eg; if a user makes selections on  a report, and later close/logouts the report , and reopen the report- the same previous selections should apply.

How to achieve this apart from using bookmarks?

12 Replies
rittermd
Master
Master

They can create a bookmark.  The app will not open back to that point.  But it is very easy to select the bookmark that they want and activate it with all of their choices.

qvqfqlik
Creator
Creator
Author

The user doesn't have the ability to create bookmarks because of the OEM version I think.

How to achieve this apart from "bookmarks" ?

I have used navigation extension, and choose "lock selections" before navigation., but this doesn't seem to be working

rwunderlich
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

Are you using a mashup?

-Rob

qvqfqlik
Creator
Creator
Author

No I haven't used a mashup.

Can I achieve this with mashups ? Please help with doing this ?

rwunderlich
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

I asked about mashups because of your statement:

"The user doesn't have the ability to create bookmarks because of the OEM version I think".

I'm not sure what kind of interface you have.

-Rob

qvqfqlik
Creator
Creator
Author

Developer has ability to create bookmarks, however when configured on the report on the website, the top portion of the bookmarks would be hidden (I am thinking it might be because of OEM version).

How can I achieve this using mashups ?

rittermd
Master
Master

You need to check your security rules.  Users by default can create bookmarks and stories unless you have changed the rule or made it inactive to prevent this.

When a developer creates a bookmark and publishes the app then all users can see it.  Users can only see their own bookmarks and stories.

qvqfqlik
Creator
Creator
Author

What needs to be enables in security rules ?

Also, how can a user share their selections with an other user?

qvqfqlik
Creator
Creator
Author

@Rob , Can you please tell how to do with mashups