Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
MichalK
Contributor III
Contributor III

Saving current selections (i.e. Year, month, dimension etc) so it is remembered after closing and reopening browser

Hello everybody - we are currently moving from QV to QS.

One thing is bothering me - in QV when I clicked through filters and set year, month and some values for dimensions I was able to leave QV, close browser, then after opening it again (even next day or week) I've seen evertyhing set up as I did it during previous session (I'm not speaking about bookmarks): Year was set to value I choosen, month, even the tab I've been working during previous session

In QS when I close browser and reopen app, everything is cleared. I need to click through everything over and over again and I know, that my users used to check data continously 4-5 times a day so it probably will make them complaining.

I hope you guys know what I speak about 🙂

Any ideas? I've searched Forums but with no luck

Regards

5 Replies
MichalK
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

I tested if selections disappear always or only after app reload - it seems that closing browser is enough for loosing selected filters

Tanalex
Creator II
Creator II

An alternative would be to create a bookmark, within QS.  

MichalK
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

Yes, it would but there will be too much bookmarks for each month or even week. This is last resort solution for me 🙂 thanks

tm_burgers
Creator III
Creator III

Could you define the filters as specific bookmarks? ie. do people always want the same things?

Ie. ThisYear, ThisMonth, ThisWeek. 

then you could use the URL filtering to create Links for each option. 

eg. /state/analysis/bookmark/2febaa8a-d2de-4684-a170-78c462c28809

You can also create dynamic bookmarks, that will adapt based on Todays date.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tFyqOigqnUw

https://help.qlik.com/en-US/sense-developer/February2018/Subsystems/Mashups/Content/Howtos/mashups-o...

MichalK
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

Thanks - I will look into this solution. It could be something to start with. 

Regards

M