cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
william_fu
Creator II
Creator II

Scatter Plot drilldown behavior

If I drill down in a scatter plot to the point where there is only one bubble/data point remaining, it automatically skips to the last field.

For example, my dimension goes something like this: Business Unit -> Vendor -> Dealer -> Branch City

If I end up with only one possible dealer after clicking in the vendor bubble, it skips directly to the branch city - I'd like to see the Dealer name, specially since I can't tell based on the branch city alone.

Is there any way to change this setting?

4 Replies
Digvijay_Singh

I just verified this behavior, I think it doesn't make much sense just to skip to the next one if there is only one value. Even its bit confusing.

Tagging Michael in case he has some details on this -

mto

Michael_Tarallo
Employee
Employee

Hi Guys - yes we have seen this - and I have reported it - however this is default, engine behavior.

Thanks for tagging me Digvijay!

The workaround I've seen is to add a null value to each field to make sure you always have "more than one". Not ldea, but works for now.

I will follow up with plu‌ - to see what he thinks.

Thanks for the question and your community involvement.

When applicable please mark the appropriate replies as CORRECT. This will help community members and Qlik Employees know which discussions have already been addressed and have a possible known solution. Please mark threads as HELPFUL if the provided solution is helpful to the problem, but does not necessarily solve the indicated problem. You can mark multiple threads as HELPFUL if you feel additional info is useful to others.

Regards,

Mike T

Qlik

Regards,
Mike Tarallo
Qlik
william_fu
Creator II
Creator II
Author

Thanks for the response Mike,

Do you have more detailed instructions for the workaround? Am I meant to add null values to the each level in the dimension creation, or should I do this via script?

Digvijay_Singh

One way to create in script is like this, may be at the end of the script -

set NullInterpret ='';

Table1:

Load * inline [

Dimension

''

];