Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
shovongoutam
Contributor II
Contributor II

Scenario based on common and uncommon dimension value

Dear Community,

I have a large dataset in QVD made from several clculation from >30 tables.

The QVD table looks like the table below.. There are several more segment like segment (columns upto segment 15) and also data column upto data100.

Scenario1 Scenario2 Segment1....Segment15Data1....Data100
HighHighA1 xx 
HighLowA1 xx 
LowHighA1 xx 
LowLowA1 xx 
  A2 xx 
  A3 xx 
  .. .. 
  A20 xx 

Now i have to make/present graphs for different Scenarios of Scenario1 and Scenario2. 

However, some of the segments' data are do not contain any information in Scenario1 and 2. 

Desired ourtcome would be when I select 'High' in Scenario1, it should also account the empty filed values. Similarly if I select 'Low', it should also account empty fields. So the empty ones should be common for both cases. 

Same for Scenario 2 field, in conjuction with selection of Scenario 1. 

This Scenario choices should be open to app users. 

I look forward to your kind suggestion.

Thank you.

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Sammy_AK
Creator II
Creator II

you can try this logic: 

sum(fld_val) + Sum ({-<fld_1={*}>}fld_val)

sum(fld_val) is the sum which gives you output for selection and Sum ({-<fld_1={*}>}fld_val) this should give you the output for null values. here fild_1 is the field where null values are present, you can improvise this expression by adding the parameters you want. 

View solution in original post

4 Replies
Sammy_AK
Creator II
Creator II

from the above explanation i understand that you want to display display null values along with selected values? 

shovongoutam
Contributor II
Contributor II
Author

Hi,

Yes. So for example for scenario1 if I want to show High...it should take all the High+Null....for Low Low+Null.... So the Nulls should be common in all cases..

Sammy_AK
Creator II
Creator II

you can try this logic: 

sum(fld_val) + Sum ({-<fld_1={*}>}fld_val)

sum(fld_val) is the sum which gives you output for selection and Sum ({-<fld_1={*}>}fld_val) this should give you the output for null values. here fild_1 is the field where null values are present, you can improvise this expression by adding the parameters you want. 

shovongoutam
Contributor II
Contributor II
Author

Thank you very much. This worked like a charm.