cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous
Not applicable

Schedule reload task in QMC for QVD

Hi,
I am using the qvds from qlikview in my load script. Is there a way to schedule a task for the automatic reload of the qvds(like we have in qlikview) in QMC? I  see that there is an option for scheduling reload task for apps only.

Note: The qvds are stored in a separate folder to use in qliksense( I am not pulling the qvds from the folder where its stored for using in qlikview because the folder option in data connection won't show me that folder! So I had to copy those qvds and store it in a different folder which is showing up in data connection)

5 Replies
martinpohl
Partner - Master
Partner - Master

Don't understand.

A script that generates qvd is an app.

You can reload any app in management console (also those apps who are not in a stream).

Regards

afurtado
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

Hi Chandni.

Is possible, but you must have publisher licence.

See where you can find the option (is you have publisher)

!

furtado@farolbi.com.br
martinpohl
Partner - Master
Partner - Master

a qvd creation task like in QlikView QMC isn't available in Qlik Sense

Regards

afurtado
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

I didn't see that was a Qlik Sense question........my mistake....

furtado@farolbi.com.br
reddy-s
Master II
Master II

Hi Chandni,

Like in Qlikview its better to make use of a 3 tier architecture even in Qliksense (E T L). So The extraction app will extract the data from the source and create our first level of QVDs and the second level of QVDs are created by the Transformation app. So the app itself helps in creating a refreshed data extract and saves the qvds.

Also the location of the cvd files does not matter. Just refer to the path of the files and that should be suffice.

Thanks,

Sangram.