Announcements
Qlik Connect 2024! Seize endless possibilities! LEARN MORE
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Schedule reports via Qliksense

I read here: Re: Printing Reports on Qlik Sense? that allowing automated scheduling of reports via email was on the roadmap for Qliksense so I am just checking in to see if it's available now? Thanks!

-Paras

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Michael_Tarallo
Employee
Employee

Hello Paras.

This is not something available as of yet. You can export to PDF (Sheets / visualization), image(visualizations), and PowerPoint (Data stories). The automated scheduling and distribution of this content is in discussion, but I don't have a time-frame / date as of yet.

Please mark the appropriate replies as CORRECT / HELPFUL so our team and other members know that your question(s) has been answered to your satisfaction.

Regards,

Mike Tarallo

Qlik

Regards,
Mike Tarallo
Qlik

View solution in original post

12 Replies
Michael_Tarallo
Employee
Employee

Hello Paras.

This is not something available as of yet. You can export to PDF (Sheets / visualization), image(visualizations), and PowerPoint (Data stories). The automated scheduling and distribution of this content is in discussion, but I don't have a time-frame / date as of yet.

Please mark the appropriate replies as CORRECT / HELPFUL so our team and other members know that your question(s) has been answered to your satisfaction.

Regards,

Mike Tarallo

Qlik

Regards,
Mike Tarallo
Qlik
rthamman
Contributor III
Contributor III

Not applicable
Author

Hello Rama,

I´m not skilled in java script, can you help me out with configuration of your tool?

Regards, David

rthamman
Contributor III
Contributor III

A bit of java knowledge is required unfortunately. There is no coding required but you need to know how to update the properties file and run the java program.

Download the files from github

Update properties file to include names of the sheets you want to print, and a few other things

Run the program

That's pretty much it.

Not applicable
Author

Hi Rama !,

Thanks for posting this.  I am not inexperienced.  I have updated the properties file and updated the .bat file but when I execute it on the command line, it just fails.  I'm looking at the .bat file and I'm a little confused.  The first portion the \lib\ section has backward slashes and the second portion has forward slashes.

java -cp .;d:{path to deploy base}\lib\*;d:{path to deploy base} com/qlik/automation/CronTrigger

I think I'm confuse as how to finalize this.    I have basically copied this directly into my E drive and I'm trying to excute it,,, what am I doing wrong?  Here's what mine looks like:

@echo off

java -cp .;E:\qliksense-report-scheduler-master\lib\*;E:/qliksense-report-scheduler-master/qliksense-report-scheduler/src/com/qlik/automation/CronTrigger

pause

exit /b

After executing the .bat all I get is the java help menu.

Just for fyi, here's a snap of my properties file:

hostName=https://qlik-01/sense/app/0d69ccdf-7bc4-44a4-a6e2-b0f5cc4f9033/sheet/

tempDirectory=E:/Temp/

smtp.userName=

smtp.password=

stmp.host=server.domain.com

stmp.port=25

smtp.auth=

smtp.starttls.enable=

dailyReport.sheets=Task Details

dailyReport.recipients=me@mydomain.com

dailyReport.fromAddress=QlikBI@s1qlik.mydomain.com

rthamman
Contributor III
Contributor III

John,

Try running the java -cp... from the command line and not as a .bat file. Also, check if class files are there in the path you are referencing, otherwise you will have to compile the code and run the command. Let me know if you run into issues.

andrefpc
Partner - Creator II
Partner - Creator II

Hello john.varney‌,

I know this thread is a bit old but were you able to put this to work properly?

It's a really urgent requisite I have now and I'm struggling with the configuration.

Thanks in advance,

Andre Costa

Michael_Tarallo
Employee
Employee

Hello Andre,

The way this is done today (out-of-the-box) is with our Qlik Nprinting product:

Qlik NPrinting 17 - Product Tour - YouTube

2-24-2017 6-55-59 AM.png

In this example - I just took 2 chart objects from my Qlik Sense App - and placed them in my NPrinting Designer.

HTH

Regards,
Mike Tarallo
Qlik
andrefpc
Partner - Creator II
Partner - Creator II

Hi Michael,

Thanks for your answer. I understand that NPrinting is the "proper" way to do this.

I was trying to do it without NPrinting as a more flexible (cheap) way

Thanks!