Script Filter, Use of Exists() or something else

Hi All,

I need help

Table1: 9000 records

Load Event_ID, rest of the fields;

Left/Inner Join (Table1) : gives same result

Table2: 30 records - just fetching the names from table 2

Load Event_ID, EventName where EventName like('%Year2023%');

Now, once I fetch the names from table2 I want only those records from Table1 which has the Events Ids having the EventName = Year2023. Must be around 2000 records. 

Attached is the screenshot.
Kindly help please.

Labels (2)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
pradnya_avrioc
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

Names are duplicated as every event have same name .. they can be distinguished based on dates.
Just wanna Load Event IDs having "Year2023" as Event name from Table1 but Exists works on table2. I tried QVD load, Preceeding and Resident everything is failing.

View solution in original post

4 Replies
Or
MVP
MVP

You can use either Left Keep or Exists() in this case, seemingly. Since both tables are small, performance isn't going to be an issue at all, so there's no reason to try and optimize.

gsofo
Contributor II
Contributor II

Alternatively, you could use Table2 as a mapping table, this would prevent any unwanted duplication as only the matching records are applied. This would be the ideal way if you had more data between the tables:

MapTable2: 

Mapping Load Event_ID, EventName where EventName like('%Year2023%');

Table1: 

Load Event_ID, rest of the fields, applymap('MapTable2',Event_ID) as EventName;

pradnya_avrioc
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

I understand table size is small.. I'm just trying to figure out ignoring the Nulls even though we have option of "Exclude Null" in Qlik charts..

pradnya_avrioc
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

Names are duplicated as every event have same name .. they can be distinguished based on dates.
Just wanna Load Event IDs having "Year2023" as Event name from Table1 but Exists works on table2. I tried QVD load, Preceeding and Resident everything is failing.