Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
francisco_marti
Contributor III
Contributor III

Script Reload Time is worse in desktop than in server?

Hello.

I have reloaded a script in QlikSense Desktop and it lasts 2,5 minutes, but the same script in QlikServer lasts only 12 seconds to reload. The difference is too big.

The script reloads some qvds and the app sizes 50MB when reloaded. 

My local machine is 16GB RAM as the same as Server RAM. My processor is an Intel I7-5500U, 2.40Ghz and the Server is an intel Xeon CPU E5-2620 v4. So they are very similar.

Our main point is working outside the server to avoid overload the server while developing. The second reason is to develope the apps in a local environment and then import them to the Server. By doing so we want to control the .qvf as a single unit and watch who modifies it.  

Does anyone have any idea about that? I mean about the big difference in reloading time first, or any other ideas to control the apps.

Thank you.

Labels (3)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
marcus_sommer

If your local machine accessed these data per ethernet and the server with a gigabit-lan it would explain the differences.

- Marcus

View solution in original post

4 Replies
thomaslg_wq
Creator III
Creator III

Hi,

Where are the qvd stored ?

francisco_marti
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

Hi,

the qvds are stored for both cases, in an external SAN storage netapp.

Thank you.

marcus_sommer

If your local machine accessed these data per ethernet and the server with a gigabit-lan it would explain the differences.

- Marcus

francisco_marti
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

Hi.

You're totally right. That was the problem. From now on we'va changed the connection so to have the same gigabit-lan.

Thank you for your quick response.