cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
NabeelAbid
Contributor II
Contributor II

Script for date

I just need assistance in writing script for date. I am using left join. By having selection in date I can only export data relevant for me in excel, otherwise my excel will not be able to read large amount of QVD data.

Please assist me how to add script line for date(month wise). I already have payment dates in script but these dates are pertaining to multiple days and months.

Screenshot attached. In screenshot1, payments dates are shown but I want month wise.

In screenshot2, desired multibox is showing for payment dates but not monthwise. I need monthwise

Labels (1)
2 Solutions

Accepted Solutions
ggijben
Partner - Creator II
Partner - Creator II

Hi @NabeelAbid 

Add a new line in your script below the [Payment Date] column, with the following expression:

Month( [Payment Date] ) AS [Payment Month]

This will create a new column in your data with the month from each date. You can then use this new column as a filter in the front end.

View solution in original post

NabeelAbid
Contributor II
Contributor II
Author

Sir,

I tried and Its done 🙂

Now I can filter month as well as year. Screenshot attached.

I would like to thanks once again for your prompt response. Its a great platform for learning and knowledge sharing. Much appreciated and highly recommended for all students.

View solution in original post

4 Replies
ggijben
Partner - Creator II
Partner - Creator II

Hi @NabeelAbid 

Add a new line in your script below the [Payment Date] column, with the following expression:

Month( [Payment Date] ) AS [Payment Month]

This will create a new column in your data with the month from each date. You can then use this new column as a filter in the front end.

NabeelAbid
Contributor II
Contributor II
Author

Thanks a lot Sir!! It worked🙂

Can you please guide me how to make script for year  along with month? Because month is set but not filtering specific month of specific year .

Your assistance highly appreciated.

ggijben
Partner - Creator II
Partner - Creator II

You can do the same with the YEAR() or WEEK() function.

Add the following expression for the year column:

Year( [Payment Date] ) AS [Payment Year]

NabeelAbid
Contributor II
Contributor II
Author

Sir,

I tried and Its done 🙂

Now I can filter month as well as year. Screenshot attached.

I would like to thanks once again for your prompt response. Its a great platform for learning and knowledge sharing. Much appreciated and highly recommended for all students.