Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
fcecconi
Partner - Creator III
Partner - Creator III

Searching within an object

Hello

I have 2 Filter Pane.  Both contain alphanumeric data.  But when I click on the search icon, they behave differently.

Filter Pane 1.  When entering data for searching, for example 709... the results that are returned start with 709.  it is not displaying any records where those 3 characters are together

Filter Pane 2.  When entering data for searching, for example micro, the results that are returned vary.  Some begin with micro, others have micro in the middle of the value.

Why the difference?

How can I get Object 1 to behave like object 2?

Thanks

Frank

4 Replies
ychaitanya
Creator III
Creator III

Do they belong to same data type ..

Else

make it to text(Fieldname) in the expression of the two filterpanes so that they behave identical.

You could do it at model as well

Digvijay_Singh

There is a restriction in Qlik search, the search happens from the beginning of the word. Can you confirm if 'micro' is a separate word in your string? As I know it only searches in the beginning of the words in a search string.

For example it will search micro if the string is 'mini micro macro' but it will not return string if the string is 'computermicro'

fcecconi
Partner - Creator III
Partner - Creator III
Author

Digvijay

Thanks.  Yes, there are several words in object 2 and the behavior is acting as you described.  My only workaround is to enclose the value with *

Digvijay_Singh

Yes, as I know wildcard is needed before and after.