Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
SBurford
Contributor II
Contributor II

Section Access Configuration

Hello Qlik Community,

This is my first question here!

I am trying to configure Section Access for a sales team, and I want to create an APP where many users should have restricted access to see only the Invoices associated to their Cost Center (field name 'Codigo Sucursal'), implying that their total sales, costs and margins will be calculated from those restricted Invoices, according to the field 'Codigo Sucursal'.  I have incorporated Section Access into the Loading Script, but it currently shows all the data to every user that has been authorized into the stream regardless of the "restrictions".

A simple mockup for the Section Access in the APP would be as follows (some permissions overlap for different users):

Section Access;

LOAD * INLINE [

ACCESS,USERID,Codigo Sucursal,OMIT

USER,BASE\admin,*,

USER,BASE\user1,CC1,

USER,BASE\user1,CC2,

USER,BASE\user2,CC3,

USER,BASE\user3,CC4,

USER,BASE\user4,CC1,

USER,BASE\user4,CC2,

USER,BASE\user4,CC3,

ADMIN,INTERNAL\SA_SCHEDULER,*,
];

The Section Application part is a standard  sales table: Date, SKU, Price, Cost, Margin, Warehouse, Codigo Sucursal. 

Thanks for your help!

Labels (2)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
SBurford
Contributor II
Contributor II
Author

I managed to solve this problem.

Just FYI, had a problem when using Field Name Codigo Sucursal "as is". Had to uppercase all the letters, plus replace the whitespace with an underscore in the loading script, ending with "CODIGO_SUCURSAL". 

Quite annoying, but managed to work anyways.

View solution in original post

1 Reply
SBurford
Contributor II
Contributor II
Author

I managed to solve this problem.

Just FYI, had a problem when using Field Name Codigo Sucursal "as is". Had to uppercase all the letters, plus replace the whitespace with an underscore in the loading script, ending with "CODIGO_SUCURSAL". 

Quite annoying, but managed to work anyways.