Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
dbfg
Contributor III
Contributor III

Section Access Help

Hi All,

I want to implement section access to my app. I've done some reading on it and it looks rather complicated. I've seen it done differently on a number of different load scripts and I'm not sure what the proper format to use is to get mine working.

Basically, the only thing I want to restrict is information by DEPARTMENT. I only want department managers to be able to view their own department, while the leaders have access to all departments. I have a Department field which lists the departments, which is what I want to use to determine the section access.

Any ideas?

Thanks

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
6 Replies
JordyWegman
Partner - Master
Partner - Master

Hi,

It's rather easy, but you can make it very complex. Create a table for your section access:

Section access;

Authorization:
Load * Inline [
ACCESS, USERID, DEPARTMENT
ADMIN, AA\USER1, 
USER, AA\USER2, A
etc.
];

Make sure your DEPARTMENT is linked to your other tables and then Section access works.

Jordy

Climber

Work smarter, not harder
dbfg
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

Hi Jordy,

Thanks for your reply.

I'm going to try this out. Is the DEPARTMENT in this instance what is being restricted or what is being granted access to? So for example AA\USER2, A - can only see department A or can see every department except A?

Also, when you say DEPARTMENT must be linked to my other tables, does that mean that the DEPARTMENT needs to be the same as the field name?

Thanks

dbfg
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

Also I am currently using

Section access;
Authorization:
Load
[Access],
User,
Department
From
[File path... .xlsx)
;

In the file I've created the correct username format and I am generating this error message when loading the data:

Capture.JPG

Except I am in the section access part of the script so I don't understand what is going wrong here?

Any help is appreciated!

JordyWegman
Partner - Master
Partner - Master

This would suggest that the name is not correct. Are you completely sure about that?

Jordy

Climber

Work smarter, not harder
JordyWegman
Partner - Master
Partner - Master

What did you fill in for the department for yourself? Because 'Empty' is not giving you all the access, only in combination with ADMIN.

Jordy

Climber

Work smarter, not harder