Qlik Community

New to Qlik Sense

Discussion board where members can get started with Qlik Sense.

Announcements
Customers, Partners & Luminaries only: You're invited to a Data Analytics Roadmap session. Read More
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Partner
Partner

Section Access! Help

Hi to all i have this problem in implementing section access and i cant figure it out why it doesn't work

here's my code

Binary [lib://Qlik Binary/af34aa7a-c229-4a75-aa12-3daa2dc5fb68];

Section Access;


SecurityTable:

Load * Inline

[

ACCESS, USERID,OMIT,Business Unit

USER,qlik-svr\dps.purchasing1,,DEPARTMENT STORES

USER,qlik-svr\dps.purchasing2,,DEPARTMENT STORES

USER,qlik-svr\dps.operations1,,DEPARTMENT STORES

USER,qlik-svr\spm.purchasing1,,SUPERMARKETS

USER,qlik-svr\spm.purchasing2,,SUPERMARKETS

USER,qlik-svr\spm.operations1,,SUPERMARKETS

USER,qlik-svr\sps.purchasing1,,SPECIALTY STORES

USER,qlik-svr\accouting.finance,,*

USER,qlik-svr\finance.design,,*

USER,qlik-svr\ict.retailapps,,*

USER,qlik-svr\ict.develop,,*

USER,qlik-svr\ict.design,,*

];


1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
MVP & Luminary
MVP & Luminary

All the fields in the section access table should be in CAPITAL letters. And in my experience the field values should be too.

SecurityTable:

Load

     Upper(ACCESS) as ACCESS,

     Upper(USERID) as USERID,

     Upper(OMIT) as OMIT,

     Upper([Business Unit]) as [BUSINESS UNIT]

Inline 

[

ACCESS, USERID,OMIT,Business Unit

USER,qlik-svr\dps.purchasing1,,DEPARTMENT STORES

USER,qlik-svr\dps.purchasing2,,DEPARTMENT STORES

USER,qlik-svr\dps.operations1,,DEPARTMENT STORES

USER,qlik-svr\spm.purchasing1,,SUPERMARKETS

USER,qlik-svr\spm.purchasing2,,SUPERMARKETS

USER,qlik-svr\spm.operations1,,SUPERMARKETS

USER,qlik-svr\sps.purchasing1,,SPECIALTY STORES

USER,qlik-svr\accouting.finance,,*

USER,qlik-svr\finance.design,,*

USER,qlik-svr\ict.retailapps,,*

USER,qlik-svr\ict.develop,,*

USER,qlik-svr\ict.design,,*

];

Dont forget to rename Business Unit in your regular data model as well.


talk is cheap, supply exceeds demand

View solution in original post

4 Replies
Highlighted
MVP & Luminary
MVP & Luminary

All the fields in the section access table should be in CAPITAL letters. And in my experience the field values should be too.

SecurityTable:

Load

     Upper(ACCESS) as ACCESS,

     Upper(USERID) as USERID,

     Upper(OMIT) as OMIT,

     Upper([Business Unit]) as [BUSINESS UNIT]

Inline 

[

ACCESS, USERID,OMIT,Business Unit

USER,qlik-svr\dps.purchasing1,,DEPARTMENT STORES

USER,qlik-svr\dps.purchasing2,,DEPARTMENT STORES

USER,qlik-svr\dps.operations1,,DEPARTMENT STORES

USER,qlik-svr\spm.purchasing1,,SUPERMARKETS

USER,qlik-svr\spm.purchasing2,,SUPERMARKETS

USER,qlik-svr\spm.operations1,,SUPERMARKETS

USER,qlik-svr\sps.purchasing1,,SPECIALTY STORES

USER,qlik-svr\accouting.finance,,*

USER,qlik-svr\finance.design,,*

USER,qlik-svr\ict.retailapps,,*

USER,qlik-svr\ict.develop,,*

USER,qlik-svr\ict.design,,*

];

Dont forget to rename Business Unit in your regular data model as well.


talk is cheap, supply exceeds demand

View solution in original post

Highlighted
Partner
Partner

hmmm... but the credentials that i give was in lower case... so that means i need to update all the usersm and make it upper case?

btw thanks for the help... i really appreciate it

Highlighted
Partner
Partner

ahahahahahaha dont mind my 2nd question i tried it using upper case to log in and it works

Highlighted
Partner
Partner

hi mate i twerk a little bit your code

Load

    Upper(ACCESS) as ACCESS,

    Upper(USERID) as USERID,

    Upper(OMIT) as OMIT,

    Upper(REDUCTION) as [BUSINESS UNIT]

Inline

[

ACCESS, USERID,OMIT,REDUCTION

USER,qlik-svr\dps.purchasing1,,DEPARTMENT STORES

USER,qlik-svr\dps.purchasing2,,DEPARTMENT STORES

USER,qlik-svr\dps.operations1,,DEPARTMENT STORES

USER,qlik-svr\spm.purchasing1,,SUPERMARKETS

USER,qlik-svr\spm.purchasing2,,SUPERMARKETS

USER,qlik-svr\spm.operations1,,SUPERMARKETS

USER,qlik-svr\sps.purchasing1,,SPECIALTY STORES

USER,qlik-svr\accouting.finance,,*

USER,qlik-svr\finance.design,,*

USER,qlik-svr\ict.retailapps,,*

USER,qlik-svr\ict.develop,,*

USER,qlik-svr\ict.design,,*

];

i change the Business Unit to REDUCTION coz it prompts "Business Unit not found" but the rest is okay now....