Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
sagarjagga
Creator
Creator

Section Access Implementation with Conditions

Hi All,

I have million of User ID and i have field name Status which have 'Completed' and 'Active' values.

Out of million User ID , i wan to give access to 4 User ID('A','B','C','D') for both status so that they can see all data associated with both 'Completed' and 'Active' and for remaining User IDs , i want to restrict them to see only data associated with 'Active' Status.

problem is that , i have information only about Those 4 User IDs for which i need to give both value access. For rest of them i need to restrict the access.

Thanks

5 Replies
manoj217
Creator III
Creator III

create groups for the userid   if(match([User],'A','B','C','D'),2,if(status='Active',1,0))

Now give access to the user based on the group

sagarjagga
Creator
Creator
Author

i do not have field name [User] in my data model. Qlik automatically pick log in user and match with USERID column in section access table.

manoj217
Creator III
Creator III

ok you mean you are using windowsNT even for that also you have to mention in which sheet he need to access right for that you need to create a group

manoj217
Creator III
Creator III

for example

windowsNT  group

user1               1

user2               0

user3                2

totally we have 3 groups

group1     1

group2     0

group3     2

associate these details ins section application based on the groups section access will work

manoj217
Creator III
Creator III

group  sheet1 sheet2 sheet3 sheet4

1          1          1          1          1

0          1          1          0          0
1          0          0          1          1

update data like this for the sheet access assign groups to the user then you can restrict easily