Qlik Connect 2024! Seize endless possibilities! LEARN MORE
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous
Not applicable

Section Access data storage

In the QlikView QMC one could store Section Access definition data via Users | Section Access Management.

Is there something similar in the QlikSense ?

Or would one be recommended to store the Section Access definition data in an external database ?

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Levi_Turner
Employee
Employee

Unfortunately, the functionality of storing SA info in the QMC is not present in Qlik Sense so you'll need to reference something. Whether that's a database, Excel files, etc is really up to you all and what fits best in your implementation and environment.

View solution in original post

4 Replies
Levi_Turner
Employee
Employee

Unfortunately, the functionality of storing SA info in the QMC is not present in Qlik Sense so you'll need to reference something. Whether that's a database, Excel files, etc is really up to you all and what fits best in your implementation and environment.

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Thanks for confirming that.

I suspected that as I could find no reference anywhere to storing Section Access Definition Data in QlikSense QMC.

I'll whack it into a database instead.

p.s.  I have never heard of anybody apart from me using this facility in QlikView QMC - maybe I was the only one.

Levi_Turner
Employee
Employee

Now that's a question that I am wholly unqualified to answer! It's been months at this point since I've fiddled / supported QlikView so I am out of the loop there. It's a functionality that I recall seeing from time to time with customers, but it wasn't overwhelmingly common I'd guesstimate. Then again we in Support only deal with customers who have issues. Those who don't aren't in our awareness.

If that's something that you've had success with and like from QlikView then do feel free to create a ticket for us to submit this as a feature request. We can always do that for folks. Product reviews those and indicates broad timelines, etc. It may even be something that's on the radar for inclusion at later date.

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

I am ok for it to not be in QlikSense.  I'd rather Qlik R&D resources are used for more interesting things.

Just primarily wanted confirmation so I can state with confidence that we will need to use an alternative like a database.