Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
roisolberg
Creator
Creator

Section Access not working

Hi All,

i am trying for my first time to use section access.

i've been looking on older threads and videos and was trying to do the same but something isn't working for me.

the example below is for a new simple app i created that only has 1 table and the field i want to filter is "STATION" 

Section Access;
AUTHORIZATION:

LOAD * INLINE [

ACCESS, USERID, STATION

ADMIN, *, Coating,

];

Section Application;

i am running the script and it seems to work  but when i go inside the app i see all stations

another thing is, in the data model viewer i do not see the section access table, should i see it?

what am i missing?

thanks!

P.S i am using qlik sense November 2018 12.44.1 if it matters

Labels (2)
5 Replies
NadiaB
Support
Support

Hi @roisolberg 

The documentation can be found in the following URL:

Managing security with section access

You will need to specify the user id DOMAIN\USERID or groups depending of what you try to configure, change fields and values to Capitals.

Kind regards.

Don't forget to mark as "Solution Accepted" the comment that resolves the question/issue. #ngm
roisolberg
Creator
Creator
Author

Hi Nadia,

for the example above i used * for the USERID so it should be for all users, and tried to limit the data for STATION = 'Coating' so i wonder if this is something else i missed..

shiveshsingh
Master
Master

Hi You need to mention the userids and star sign should not work here. Although you can put this sign in any of the reduction keys.

roisolberg
Creator
Creator
Author

anyone? iv'e tried to do it for specific users as well but it does not work Section Access; AUTHORIZATION: LOAD * INLINE [ ACCESS, USERID, STATION, ADMIN, DOMAIN\roi.solberg, Coating, USER, DOMAIN\TEST, Coating, ADMIN, INTERNAL\SA_SCHEDULER,* ]; the admin user (Roi) sees all the data regardless to the filter the user Test gets an error access is denied ?
shiveshsingh
Master
Master

Can you share the exact script along with reduced field code?