Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
md_anasabbasi
Contributor III
Contributor III

Section Access on Qliksense server

Hi All,

I'm new to Qlik sense and was integrating Qlik sense with .Net application keeping the security aspect on the go.

For that I have to enter section access part into it through a QVD in which keys are stored.

I am doing it maintaining the folder structure i.e. extraction, Data model and final application.

I'm using this code in the script for QVD generation--

SESSION_ACCESS1:

LOAD USERID as KEY,

R_ID as KEY1,

COL1&COL2 as KEY2,

FROM

QVD_ST/SESSION_ACCESS.qvd (qvd);

Concatenate

load * inline

[KEY,KEY1,KEY2,

001,001,001,ADMIN,,,,,,,];

STORE SESSION_ACCESS1 into QVD_ST/SESSION_ACCESS1.qvd(qvd);

In Data model I'm using below statement to load--

SA_D_KEY:

LOAD

U_ID&R_ID AS SECTION_ACCESS_KEY,

R_ID as KEY1,

COL1&COL2 as KEY2,

FROM

QVD_ST\SESSION_ACCESS.qvd

(qvd);

And Finally in UI application---

Section Access;

LOAD KEY as USERID, 

SECTION_ACCESS_KEY,

KEY1,

KEY2

FROM

[lib://CoESharePath/512566\Smart Trials 3.0\QVD_ST\SESSION_ACCESS1.qvd]

(qvd) where 1=1;

Section Application;

The Problem I'm facing is it doesnt work with this code....Its not prompting for  the userID...If I do the same coding in Qlikview it works absolutely fine...

Basically I want that It should prompt for the USERID.

If I open the app after mentioning section access it shows 'ACCESS DENIED'

I have to open the app without data.....

And If I mention my userID i.e. which I'm using to login my account in the ADMIN section of the section Access its working fine.

I think its loading the credentials from the active directory.

Someone Please help me out, this thing is actually messing up with my mind.

1 Reply
Not applicable

Section Access implementation in Qlik Sense differs from QlikView.  In Qlik Sense, there is no local app login.  Everything is tied to the authentication to the Qlik Sense server.

Please review the documentation here:http://help.qlik.com/en-US/sense/2.2/Subsystems/Hub/Content/Scripting/Security/manage-security-with-...

Notice that the concepts of USERID has changed from QlikView to Qlik Sense and there is no PASSWORD field in Qlik Sense section access.  These elements made the local login process possible with QlikView.  Like I said, Section Access is different from QlikView to Qlik Sense because it is tied to the overarching security model from an auth standpoint.

jg