Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
matthew_morge
Contributor III
Contributor III

Section Access using multiple AD Connections

Hi All,

I have been using Qlik Sense for around 9 months now and had an external developer with me in the initial stages. The main App that he was contracted to develop and I have plagiarized ever since employs section access to filter data based on the users permissions in an external ERP system.

So to my knowledge, it takes the following user credential from the AD connection:

fakepepsico.co.uk\matthew.morge

fakepepsico.pt\matthew.morge

and maps it to the users user ID from the ERP system, then picks up the available sites per user of which there are three from the same user access table and the resulting app only displays data that the user has permissions for.

The user access table would have for example:

Domain Account - User ID - Site Access

fakepepsico.co.uk\matthew.morge - MORGEM - VH1

fakepepsico.pt\matthew.morge - MORGEM - VP1

fakepepsico.co.uk\matthew.morge - MORGEM - VS1

fakepepsico.co.uk\matthew.morge - MORGEM - VS2

The issue I am running into, I have access to all sites within the ERP system, but when this section access is applied I lose visibility of the Portuguese sites data. You can see from my example above this specific site has a different domain on which I do have a separate account. I can login using this account and access only the Portuguese data but do not wish to do this as I need to be viewing data on a global standard. This I believe is also creating issues in N-Printing also.

The long term solution would obviously be to move to a single domain solution but I don't feel that this is high priority as it stands or at least not at the present time despite it being a huge hindrance. 

Any help in sorting this would be greatly appreciated!!

Many thanks,

Matt

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
matthew_morge
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

This was down to an unintentional error in the script where the company was being mapped to the domain, so:

Portugal > fakepepsico.pt

UK > fakepepsico.co.uk

Thus locking down Portuguese data to those with a .pt domain and vice versa.

View solution in original post

1 Reply
matthew_morge
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

This was down to an unintentional error in the script where the company was being mapped to the domain, so:

Portugal > fakepepsico.pt

UK > fakepepsico.co.uk

Thus locking down Portuguese data to those with a .pt domain and vice versa.