Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
porkypig
Contributor II
Contributor II

Section Access with Excel file

Hello all,

I'm creating a sales application for my team and working on implementing section access to reduce the data that can be viewed by certain members of the sales team. Regional managers should see all sales for their region only, international salespeople should see all sales for the "international" region, and retail salespeople should be able to see only the sales they've made (with the exception of the regional manager).

As the forum name suggests, I'm pretty new to Qlik Sense and having some trouble actually implementing section access and data reduction. I'm using an Excel sheet with columns "ACCESS" (Admin/User), "USERNAME", "GROUP" (AD group - Sales, RegMan, etc), and "REGION". I need to first give everyone access to the stream, then the app, and from there I need to give sheet-level access to only certain people. I also need to restrict data at a dimension/measure level, but from what I understand the only way to do that is with QMC.

I've combed through dozens of posts in the Qlik community but I haven't found a post that really helps, I'm hoping someone will be able to give me a hand with this. 

Thanks!

Labels (1)
0 Replies