Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Nick36
Contributor II
Contributor II

Section Access with Excel

Hello Everyone, 

This is really urgent for me and I would be very happy to get your help.

I created a section access in an excel file as shown below. I want to give access to the users using  CODE_DEPARTEMENT_QLIK and CODE_SERVICE_QLIK.

ACCESS USERID CODE_DEPARTEMENT_QLIK CODE_SERVICE_QLIK
ADMIN INTERNAL1\YELLOW <ANY> <ANY>
ADMIN INTERNAL1\RED <ANY> <ANY>
USER INTERNAL1\PINK CBTC GROUPBTC
USER INTERNAL1\PINK SPC <ANY>
USER INTERNAL1\A.BLACK CC CCMEDIAUTILITIES
USER INTERNAL1\A.BLUE CBTC <ANY>
USER INTERNAL1\A.BROWN SBTB BTBSOLBTBENGIE

I tried creating the security as shown below but I got DATA LOAD DID NOT COMPLETE error as shown below. But when I remove/Comment the Section Access, the data load successfully. Please, I would like to know what I am not doing right. Could it be that I am not putting the section access in where it should be ?  I have two sections F_PRIMES(Where I have the connection to the database) and Section-Access as shown in the attached photo.

--------------------------------------------------------------

Section Access;

LOAD * inline

[ ACCESS,
USERID,
ADMIN,
USER,
CODE_DEPARTEMENT_QLIK,
CODE_SERVICE_QLIK

];
Section Application;

LOAD
"ACCESS",
"USERID",
CODE_DEPARTEMENT_QLIK,
CODE_SERVICE_QLIK
FROM [lib://AttachedFiles/Section_Access_Security.xlsx]
(ooxml, embedded labels, table is Section_Access);

---------------------------------------------------------------------

NB: The error message attached.

Labels (1)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Filippo_Nicolussi_P

Hello Nick36

A start point to troubleshoot Section Access issues is present in the community here Troubleshooting Section Access in Qlik Sense Enterprise

A possible explanation is that there is no <ANY>,<ANY>  entry combination in the data you load in the Section Application. 

Note that in Qlik Sense Enterprise scenario you need to add also the ADMIN, INTERNAL\SA_SCHEDULER as per help site here Section Access Help for Sense 

Help users find answers! Don't forget to mark a solution that worked for you! If already marked, give it a thumbs up!

View solution in original post

2 Replies
Nick36
Contributor II
Contributor II
Author

This is my USERID and I am an ADMIN.

ADMIN INTERNAL1\YELLOW <ANY> <ANY>
Filippo_Nicolussi_P

Hello Nick36

A start point to troubleshoot Section Access issues is present in the community here Troubleshooting Section Access in Qlik Sense Enterprise

A possible explanation is that there is no <ANY>,<ANY>  entry combination in the data you load in the Section Application. 

Note that in Qlik Sense Enterprise scenario you need to add also the ADMIN, INTERNAL\SA_SCHEDULER as per help site here Section Access Help for Sense 

Help users find answers! Don't forget to mark a solution that worked for you! If already marked, give it a thumbs up!