Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Brip51
Creator
Creator

Section Access with reduction issue

Hi,

I am stuck on implementing section access with data reduction.

Here is what I am using-

//Access with Reduction

Section Access;

LOAD *

Inline [

ACCESS, USERID,REDUCTION

ADMIN,FLEX\ADBMM,

USER,FLEX\QS-TKELLY,

USER,FLEX\QS-MELLER,RDCSAV

];

Section Application;

Reduction is on the field DNAME.

I expect admin ADBMM to see all data, user QS-MELLER to see only data related to the value ‘RDCSAV’ and the user QS-TKELLY to see all the data.

Everything works as expected except user QS-TKELLY has “Access denied”.  If I add a value after the comma it works and he sees the reduced data.  Admin ADBMM sees all the data and user QS-MELLER sees only RDCSAV data (as expected). Maybe I am misunderstanding, but I thought no value for reduction would allow that user to see all the data.

Any help on where I am going wrong?

Thanks

Labels (2)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
JordyWegman
Partner - Master
Partner - Master

Hi Brib,

That is because an user without a 'reduction' will not return all values. This is only for the Admin. 

Another thing is that you can give QS-TKELLY the * as Reduction, but this will give all the access that also the other people have. In this case, only RDCSAV. 

To solve this, you have to give QS-TKELLY the admin rights or add all reduction values.

Jordy

Climber

Work smarter, not harder

View solution in original post

2 Replies
JordyWegman
Partner - Master
Partner - Master

Hi Brib,

That is because an user without a 'reduction' will not return all values. This is only for the Admin. 

Another thing is that you can give QS-TKELLY the * as Reduction, but this will give all the access that also the other people have. In this case, only RDCSAV. 

To solve this, you have to give QS-TKELLY the admin rights or add all reduction values.

Jordy

Climber

Work smarter, not harder
Brip51
Creator
Creator
Author

Thanks Jordy,

Changed him to Admin and all is as you said.  

Thanks again !