Skip to main content
Announcements
Live today at 11 AM ET. Get your questions about Qlik Connect answered, or just listen in. SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
deepak_km9886
Creator
Creator

Section Access

Hi All,

I have 3 users, one with admin and other 2 guest user.

Both the users should be able to see only their country data, how to achieve this using section access.

If i have to share this to customer, how to achieve the same using api?

for eg:

Capture.PNG

This is the load inline i'm typing, but i see nothing changes. all the 3 access to see all the data.

How to achieve this, can anyone help me out in this.

Also i have one more field on which filter needs to be applied

guestuser1 should see brazil data and should see only product A details from brazil area.

Also how to allow the guestuser1 to see sheets 1,3,6 inside app

and guestuser2  to see 2,4,5 within the same app.

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
agigliotti
Partner - Champion
Partner - Champion

Attached the app modified.

BR

Andrea

View solution in original post

15 Replies
DavidŠtorek
Creator III
Creator III

Hi,

first of all I recomend you to write all values of fields in upper case (like ADMIN,BRAZIL...). User property should be in format USER DIRECTORY\USER NAME

Capture.PNG

For using more than one field for section access I would recomend you to concatenate those filds into one (like  Upper(Country)&'/'& Upper(Product) as SA_Field)

Regarding sheets you have to create security rule in QMC which will limit what can users acess. It will be a little bit more complex. Refer e.g. https://help.qlik.com/en-US/sense/June2018/Subsystems/ManagementConsole/Content/rules-resource-filte... or https://help.qlik.com/en-US/sense/June2018/Subsystems/ManagementConsole/Content/security-rules-custo...

Regarding API I do not understand at all what do you mean. Do you want to use it in mashup? It works in same way. Depends on which type of authentication type you choose the data will be shown based on logged-in user.

Hope that helps

agigliotti
Partner - Champion
Partner - Champion

If you need to do a data reduction you should use section access, take a look here working with SA in Qliksense qmc

to show/hide a sheet you should create a security rule, take a look at https://help.qlik.com/en-US/sense/September2018/Subsystems/ManagementConsole/Content/Sense_QMC/creat...

I hope this helps.

deepak_km9886
Creator
Creator
Author

Can you just write me the Section access code, i tried and nothings seems working. All the user can see all the data even after restriction.

agigliotti
Partner - Champion
Partner - Champion

did you check the thread I mentioned above ?

there you'll find the basic script that you'll have to customize for your needs.

deepak_km9886
Creator
Creator
Author

Checked it, i followed, no result. I'm not getting any error, but i could see all the underlying data.

deepak_km9886
Creator
Creator
Author

I'm attaching the sample qvf file, import it to server and see what mistake i'm doing !

MK9885
Master II
Master II

Before writing the SA script make sure you have all caps in your Country field in your fact...

Fact:

Load...

Upper(Country) as COUNTRY

From....

Section access;

Star is *;

Load * INLINE [

ACCESS,USERID,COUNTRY

ADMIN,CORP\YOURUSERID,*

ADMIN,INTERNAL\sa_scheduler,*

USER,CORP\GUESTUSER1,BRAZIL

USER,CORP\GUESTUSER1, ARGENTINA

];

Section Application;

Fields in SA should be ACCESS, USERID and restricted field not just USER

You can test SA only after you publish the app, not before that.

If for some reason if you cannot access app then right click on the app and 'open without data'

MK9885
Master II
Master II

You script seem to be wrong...

First load all the tables for your transformation

Last table should be SA table.

You cannot read from SA table (SA_REGION).. this table wont be available for you once you load it.

Read only from Fact table.

deepak_km9886
Creator
Creator
Author

Could  you please help me out in writing the script.!It will be helpful if you modify the script.

Right now that app is in Work, So should i publish that app into some stream and check for the SA rules is it?