Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
deepak_km9886
Creator
Creator

Section Access

Hi All,

I have 3 users, one with admin and other 2 guest user.

Both the users should be able to see only their country data, how to achieve this using section access.

If i have to share this to customer, how to achieve the same using api?

for eg:

Capture.PNG

This is the load inline i'm typing, but i see nothing changes. all the 3 access to see all the data.

How to achieve this, can anyone help me out in this.

Also i have one more field on which filter needs to be applied

guestuser1 should see brazil data and should see only product A details from brazil area.

Also how to allow the guestuser1 to see sheets 1,3,6 inside app

and guestuser2  to see 2,4,5 within the same app.

15 Replies
agigliotti
Partner - Champion
Partner - Champion

Attached the app modified.

BR

Andrea

MK9885
Master II
Master II

Yes it should be published...

Try the app provided by Andrea

deepak_km9886
Creator
Creator
Author

Thanks for helping out.!

I have a small doubt, if i load the data from SQLServer, should i convert all the reduction field values to upper case  is it? If we change the names to upper case, then those values wherever it is used in chart will become invalid, and we should again rename all the fields. Once the solution is out for production, how can we do those changes again in the chart!.

MK9885
Master II
Master II

I do not think you would need to use UPPER while extraction from SQL...

Extraction is always RAW data with very minimum transformation I.E using where for dates etc...

Section Access should only be applied in your final app.

Keep the original field and create a new field if you like..

Ex:

Load

ab,

bc,

cd,

Upper(cd) as C

From....

And use same C field in your section access

deepak_km9886
Creator
Creator
Author

Hi agigliotti‌ can you explain the code you are used in this? Why there is concatenation and all?

can you just show how the section access works if there is 2 fields country from table1 and table2. I dont want synthetic key between these two tables, BUt i want section access to be applied on the countries from two tables too.

see the attache snapshot,. I want Section access to be like this. But i'mm unable to achieve, as synthetic key is popping up.Screenshot (78).png

agigliotti
Partner - Champion
Partner - Champion

could you send the script you are using and what data reduction you are planning to take in place ?