Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous
Not applicable

Section Access

I  have two apps: test1 and test2
It's defined in the QMC that user1 will be able to see test1 and not test2 through custom property.
In the app test2, i've provided access to user1 through section access.

However, the user is not being able to view app  test2.

If section access is given in the script for a particular app, does the security rules in the QMC apply? Does the security rule override the section access?Or is my script wrong?

Section Access;

LOAD

"ACCESS",

upper( "USERID")

FROM [lib://Access/test.xlsx]

(ooxml, embedded labels, table is Sheet1);

star is *;

Section Application;

Welcome:

LOAD

Upper("USERID"),

NAME

FROM [lib://Access/test.xlsx]

(ooxml, embedded labels, table is Sheet1);

5 Replies
Gysbert_Wassenaar

Security rules and section access control different sorts of access. Section access controls access to data. Security rules control access to objects or to be more precise they control who is allowed to take which action on which object.

talk is cheap, supply exceeds demand
Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

For example if user1 has access to app test1, and I give section access in test1 stating that he is not going to see the field 'A'.
Will both of these conditions apply?

Gysbert_Wassenaar

Yes

talk is cheap, supply exceeds demand
Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Okay. And if I don't have any app access rule in QMC(just the default stream rule) and give section access instead in the app, the users in the section access will be able to see that particular app?
Sorry for asking so many questions.

Not applicable
Author

Hi Chandni,

as Gybert said, Section Access controls what data a user can see in an app.

In QMC for properties of a distribute job, when u select i.e. "all authenticated users"  every user can see the app.

If you specify certain users for the distribution of the app, only those users can see the app on the Access Point. It matters not then, if there is a section access in place as well for those users, since they cannot access the app in the first place.

I hope this helps

best regards,

Benedikt