Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
bhavvibudagam
Creator II
Creator II

Security Permissions

Hi Experts,

abirami.palanisamy

Can any one please help me on below requirement.

I have developed On demand app generation Summary and Detail apps and published these two apps under one stream.

The users got USER/POWER USER access do they require developer access as well to generate the on demand app.

Please help me on this.

Thanks in advance.

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
abirami_palanis
Contributor III
Contributor III

Hi Bhavani,

No need to give developer access to the User's.

Just add them to the stream and give them the access to all resources.

Like, you might have created a multiple Data connections in the Detail app( Template ). User need access to the data connection to generate a report. So share only template app data connection access to the user.

I hope this will help you....:-)

View solution in original post

8 Replies
abirami_palanis
Contributor III
Contributor III

Hi Bhavani,

No need to give developer access to the User's.

Just add them to the stream and give them the access to all resources.

Like, you might have created a multiple Data connections in the Detail app( Template ). User need access to the data connection to generate a report. So share only template app data connection access to the user.

I hope this will help you....:-)

bhavvibudagam
Creator II
Creator II
Author

Hi Abirami,

Thanks for your reply.

Suppose I have published Summary and Detail app in ODAG Stream and given access to the user with database connections access.

Then when user click on ODAG button the detail app after doing selections from summary app then user can see the generated on demand app in the same stream if i mention the ODAG stream already in the button settings. Am i right.

Please correct me if i missed anything.

abirami_palanis
Contributor III
Contributor III

Yes.. The generated applications will be available in the same stream until the retention period ends.

bhavvibudagam
Creator II
Creator II
Author

Hi abirami.palanisamy,

When I have moved ODAG Selection and Detail apps from Dev Environment to UAT environment then the

on demand app generation button is getting disappeared.

Could you please provide any suggestion to resolve this.

Thanks in advance.

abirami_palanis
Contributor III
Contributor III

Hi Bhavani,

Is  On-Demand app services enabled in your UAT environment?

On Demand Apps service should be enabled in QMC under the manage resources tab.

bhavvibudagam
Creator II
Creator II
Author

Hi Abirami,

Thanks for your reply. The service was enabled. After migrating from DEV to UAT the button is not visible so i have created the button again manually. Do we need to create the button manually in each environment like data connections. Please let me know.

Also could you please confirm if i have shared only Selection app through stream with template app data connection to the user is it generate the on demand app or do i need to share detail app as well to the user in the same stream.

Because detail app contains just code.Please let me know is it works or not.

Thanks in advance

abirami_palanis
Contributor III
Contributor III

Hi Bhavani,

User should be having read access to the template as well. It is not mandatory to be in the same stream. You can create a separate stream only for template app and add the user to the stream. Then you can share only selection application link to user to generate a ODAG link.

About the ODAG button,  I am not sure why it is not visible. If I get the answer, will let you know.

Thanks!

bhavvibudagam
Creator II
Creator II
Author

Thank you Abhi