cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
pabloviera
Creator
Creator

Security Rules not updating on existing Apps

Hi, I've found a problem in the way rules are affecting the apps.

By mistake we had the "DataConecction" rule (The one who allows users to create connections except for the type "Folder") linked to one specific user, so nobody could create new ODBC, OLE DB, Web file, etc. connections, except for that user.

I have changed the rule back to its original state and now any user can create connections but only on new apps, preexisting apps seem to be bound to the state of the rule when the app was created.

Is this a bug or the intended behaviour? Is there any way to refresh the apps or rules so they are in sync?

Regards

4 Replies
shraddha_g
Partner - Master III
Partner - Master III

Which qliksense version you are using?

pabloviera
Creator
Creator
Author

Hello shraddha.g,

we are on 3.1 SR1 right now, but I'm pretty sure this was also happening before we updated from 2.2.x

Regards

shraddha_g
Partner - Master III
Partner - Master III

existing connections can be shared among multiple app if the app owner of the app is different than owner of the connection through security rule.

pabloviera
Creator
Creator
Author

Hi,

I can share the existing data Connections, that works fine but doesn't cover all our needs. Besides I don't like leaving bugs untreated.

I can't do what mto‌ is showing in this video Qlik Sense Platform – Securing and Sharing Data Connections - YouTube

Regards