Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
george55
Partner - Creator III
Partner - Creator III

Security Rules when available?

Hi

Have done some changes in some secuirty rules (e.g. change names, users oder disabled the rule (see picture below). When I run an Audit report or test it with the user it looks like that no changes have been made in the Security Rules Engine. My question: Is there maybe a time window till the rules is implemented in the Qlik engine? Or is it necessary to reload the Qlik Server?

Thank you.

George

george54_0-1614853430931.png

Labels (1)
  • SaaS

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Lisa_Sun
Support
Support

Hi George,

Once the security rule is edited, it will take effect immediately.  You can run the audit report to find out whether the security rule is set correctly or not. Two ways to do this:

1. On Edit Security Rule page, select "auto-audit" on the right panel "audit" page.  Then click "Preview" on the left panel.  It will show the effect of this specific rule.

Or

2. You can also clear out "auto-audit" on the right panel "audit" page. Then on "Target Resource", select "security rule", then click search button and enter the security rule name which you want to audit.  Then click Audit button. 

On the report, you can always double click the highlighted privileges  and see which associated rules.  This https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lVs7JQm3Ph4 can be helpful.

Help users find answers! Don't forget to mark a solution that worked for you! If already marked, give it a thumbs up!

View solution in original post

2 Replies
Lisa_Sun
Support
Support

Hi George,

Once the security rule is edited, it will take effect immediately.  You can run the audit report to find out whether the security rule is set correctly or not. Two ways to do this:

1. On Edit Security Rule page, select "auto-audit" on the right panel "audit" page.  Then click "Preview" on the left panel.  It will show the effect of this specific rule.

Or

2. You can also clear out "auto-audit" on the right panel "audit" page. Then on "Target Resource", select "security rule", then click search button and enter the security rule name which you want to audit.  Then click Audit button. 

On the report, you can always double click the highlighted privileges  and see which associated rules.  This https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lVs7JQm3Ph4 can be helpful.

Help users find answers! Don't forget to mark a solution that worked for you! If already marked, give it a thumbs up!
george55
Partner - Creator III
Partner - Creator III
Author

Hi Lisa_Sun

Indeed, the rule will take effect immediately. It was my fault to believe there is a delay. Find my mistake.