Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
jasmina_karcic
Creator III
Creator III

Security rule for end user that will allow reloading app

Hi experts,

I need your help. I need to create security rule that will allow to end user to reload some app.

I followed instructions from:

https://help.qlik.com/en-US/sense/2.0/Subsystems/ManagementConsole/Content/recreate-document-admin-b...

But it didn't help me much. I have followed all the steps.

Now when this end user enter to qmc, he saw all application in app, but cannot reload. In tasks doesn't see anything, all streams sees.

I don't want he see all app, all streams. I just want he can see app that he uses, and tasks for reloading, so that he can make reload.

How can I modify?

Thanks

Jasmina

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
rubenmarin

Hi Jasmina,  that message is shown when the rule is complex, it doesn't means there is an error.

I haven't tested but these are issues I see:

- userDirectory must be changed to the real user directory, I don't think QVNCycles is the real directory.

- To remove access to streams edit the Read rule removing streams from filter and 'or resource.resourcetype="Stream"' from condicions

View solution in original post

6 Replies
jasmina_karcic
Creator III
Creator III
Author

seucrity_rule.png

I've found just here little "error", that condition cannot be displayed....:/

Maybe this can navigate you to see what is solution...

rubenmarin

Hi Jasmina,  that message is shown when the rule is complex, it doesn't means there is an error.

I haven't tested but these are issues I see:

- userDirectory must be changed to the real user directory, I don't think QVNCycles is the real directory.

- To remove access to streams edit the Read rule removing streams from filter and 'or resource.resourcetype="Stream"' from condicions

jasmina_karcic
Creator III
Creator III
Author

What is user directory? How can I recognize it?

Thank you a lot...

rubenmarin

userDirectory should be the domain of the user.

I'm not sure of the need of that, seems it can be to avoid access from a user with the same name from another domain, but user.roles ="AppAdmin" should prevent that. I'm not sure why it's needed, but try filling it with the domain name of the user.

jasmina_karcic
Creator III
Creator III
Author

This up for streams is okay. Thank you.

I've found user directory in section Users. Now this user can reload tasks, I am testing it....then we will see if it is working...

If will be, you help me much...:)))

jasmina_karcic
Creator III
Creator III
Author

It is working!!!

Thanks a lot!!

Cheers

Jasmina