Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
stvegerton
Creator III
Creator III

Security rule for restricting the duplicating of apps based on ownership?

Trying to control the duplication of apps based on ownership using the syntax below. It does not work. Any advice?

Action = Create

Resource filter = App_*

!user.IsAnonymous() and (user.@holx_user_type="developer") and (resourse.IsOwned() and resource.owner = user)

3 Replies
Gysbert_Wassenaar

Security rules are additive. A rule can never remove a privilege granted by another rule. Make sure there are no other rules active that grant the privileges you want to restrict with the rule you created.

talk is cheap, supply exceeds demand
Not applicable

I have a short video on this.  Let's see if it covers your use case.

QMCAppExportVsCreate.mp4 - Google Drive

gwassenaar‌ is correct though, you need to see what rules grant more permissions and pair them back / disable / recreate to get to the specifity you want.

jg

stvegerton
Creator III
Creator III
Author

Thanks for the quick responses. The key issue I'm having is with the syntax of ownership when it comes to duplicating apps. I'm able to grant the authority to create apps based on user custom properties ok.

gwassenaar: We only have one rule that grants the authority to create apps. I should have worded my post as "Need a security rule to allow for duplicating only the apps that a user owns."

Thanks for the video jg, it doesn't touch on resource ownership, which I believe is where my rule fails. But I always learn something when I see how others build rules.